Announcements > New Members / Bio's

Newby from central Illinois

(1/5) > >>

oldblueoval:
Greetings all. I'm new to the forum and not real familiar with the GS...... yet! So my story starts a little over 25 years ago. This new guy hires on where I work, we're about the same age, both ride motorcycles, both enjoy a few beers, and both chase women, instant friendship. After a while I find out about this cool old car he has stashed in his mom's garage, a 1965 Buick GS. So I've always been a Ford guy ( with a dash of Mopar ) so I research the car a bit and finally get him to let me check it out. It's a pretty cool ride and I try to buy it, he says no way, I'm gonna fix it up again ( he had done paint and fix up work some years earlier). So fast forward about 25 years, we're both long time married and not chasing girls but we both still enjoy a cold one now and then. I'm passing through the little burb where he lives and I ring him up and say, hey bro lets go check out your old Buick again, he says SURE! Next thing I know I'm setting up what day to come pick it up! Here's the plan, fix the needed mechanical stuff, clean her up a bit and get it on the rode. Thanks in advance for all the help the wealth of knowledge on this sight will provide! Let's get to wrenching!!!

BuickGS65:
Welcome!

I'm not sure if I caught your name in your post - we are on a first name basis here!  :occasion14:

And be sure to check out this sticky thread: http://65gs.com/board/index.php?topic=2177

And of course check out my reproduction lenses and gaskets (shameless plug) - link is in my signature below.

Cheers!
Dan

oldblueoval:
OOPS !  My name is John :occasion14:

GS66:
Welcome John and congratulations on your new GS!

dsags:
Welcome John. Can’t believe nobody has mentioned that we like pictures.  :laughing7:

Dan

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version