Author Topic: New rims  (Read 1465 times)

Offline sjfd04

• Crazy about Buick!
Re: New rims
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2017, 10:17:07 AM »
With the coil-overs, there are several combinations of adjustments to change the ride quality,  they are unbelievable. 
65 GS 4-Speed Hardtop
2017 Chevy Silverado HD 2500
1970 1/2 Camaro Z-28 4-speed

Offline Loren At 65GS

• Administrator
  • Crazy about Buick!
  • Senior Administrator
    • 65 GS dot com
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2017, 02:05:09 PM »
Lock-to-lock, no rubbing at all.

Sweet !  I think the stance is great. 
When I went to the new wheels and tires on our GS, it required new springs in addition.  Now it sits a touch higher then my preference.

Loren

The upside of the new springs is that I can now drive it again.    :thumbsup:  So I can live with that.

Loren

Mine sits a bit higher than I would like too.  Trying to figure out what my next step is.  Was considering coil overs, but heard the ride quality suffered quite a bit.  Sounds like UMI Viking might have the secret sauce though.  Will have to look at those.
65 GS hardtop BCA Senior
 65 GS thin pillar coupe
 65 Skylark coupe v-6
 65 GS hardtop restoration project
 65 Sport Wagon
 70 GS 455 htp / original engine
 94 Roadmaster wagon
 96 Roadmaster wagon- parts car
 63 Riviera

BCA 14371
 BCA 65 Gran Sport Division

Offline Buick_65

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2017, 04:11:18 PM »
Lock-to-lock, no rubbing at all.

Sweet !  I think the stance is great. 
When I went to the new wheels and tires on our GS, it required new springs in addition.  Now it sits a touch higher then my preference.

Loren

The upside of the new springs is that I can now drive it again.    :thumbsup:  So I can live with that.

Loren

Mine sits a bit higher than I would like too.  Trying to figure out what my next step is.  Was considering coil overs, but heard the ride quality suffered quite a bit.  Sounds like UMI Viking might have the secret sauce though.  Will have to look at those.

That's a very valid point Loren.  Mine drives fine with the springs that are in it as well.  One of the reasons I haven't pulled the trigger on an ultimate solution.