Author Topic: Any wagon gurus. My wagons journey  (Read 688 times)

Offline Psalm65

• Crazy about Buick!
Any wagon gurus. My wagons journey
« on: July 02, 2019, 09:55:18 PM »
I got a wagon last year. A 63 lesabre and want to open up a thread for my ongoing questions.

Offline elagache

• Crazy about Buick!
  • Caretaker of one assertive "billy-goat" wagon
Details please! (Re: Any wagon gurus. My wagons journey )
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2019, 04:30:23 PM »
Dear Ronnie and mid-60s Buick caregivers,

I got a wagon last year. A 63 lesabre and want to open up a thread for my ongoing questions.

Oh no ya don't! . . . .   You can't tease us with just a picture without first answering a few questions of our own!  Okay, I'm no full-sized Buick expert.  Wikipiedia has this quick review of the second generation LeSabre:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buick_LeSabre#Second_generation_(1961%E2%80%931964)

So first question:  What engine and tranny does yours have?

Question #2: in what condition is it is in overall and, in particular, in what condition is the tailgate?

I suppose question #3: Any pressing items that you are looking for information about?

Thanks for sharing!  Not a lot of wagons anywhere and my trusty wagon does get lonely from time to time!

Cheers, Edouard  :occasion14:

P.S.  How about a few more pictures?

Offline Loren At 65GS

• Administrator
  • Crazy about Buick!
  • Senior Administrator
    • 65 GS dot com
Re: Any wagon gurus. My wagons journey
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2019, 08:34:27 PM »

Will be looking forward to watching your progress.

Loren
65 GS hardtop BCA Senior
 65 GS thin pillar coupe
 65 Skylark coupe v-6
 65 GS hardtop restoration project
 65 Sport Wagon
 70 GS 455 htp / original engine
 94 Roadmaster wagon
 96 Roadmaster wagon- parts car
 63 Riviera

BCA 14371
 BCA 65 Gran Sport Division

Offline yachtsmanbill

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2019, 09:12:52 PM »
Gotta graft a sport wagon roof onto that guy! Mirrored glass on the back and a killer AC unit inside (even under the dash!) If your struggling with pics, gimme a PM. Google some ideas. Its that or a frame off resto thats gonna kill ya!   Bill

Nothing comes alive like a 455 !

Offline Psalm65

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2019, 04:12:41 PM »
Hey guys sorry for keeping you on the fence. But let me take some time to inform you all what is going on. So I figured out how to resize my pictures and I will load some later today. :icon_salut:.
First off here is the story how I got it. The next day after my 1st born was born I was in the hospital and my wife was recovering and she turned to me and said "you deserve another Buick". It was as if she seen how much I do and how much I loved her she wanted me to get another old car since that's my thing. I wasted no time and I found this and offered the guy 1,300 and me, her and at the time my 5 day old went a city over and triple A'd this wagon home. The guy threw in a sbb300, st400, and replacement front and rear windshields. A month later i went back for 7 rims and two wind defectors for 100 dollars. The rims were chargers and western or westin / I forgot. I sold the sbb300 in parts and made some money back. Most of it went to the UK :wave:.

I've always been a fan of Oldsmobile engines and after speaking with many olds guys I came to the conclusion that they all had kinda the same favorite engine, the olds 425 from 1967 to 69 I think or 68. So I hunted one out and got one that appears to be rebuilt. Another deal, but first you have to understand one thing about me.....
I am a tire kicker and ive always got super good deals WHEN I walk the thin line that our good Lord has set for us and have always paid 7 times over when I deviate from it :angel4:

So back to the 425 I seen all nice and new for 200. I offered him 100 and he said yes :whip2: I got their and noticed an equally new and shinny bop th400 and offered him 100 and he said yes :whip2: . when I got home I found out it was a switch pitch and I. Always. Wanted one... And thats what is goimg in the wagon...........

Offline Psalm65

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2019, 05:52:10 PM »
So this wagon is on X frame  if anyone is interested. It had AC but I dont have any ac stuff for it.  The paint job looks like it was done at home and has overall good interior  but I need carpet and a headliner. B and m floorshifter will go in and I'm going to get a rear facing 3rd row seat too.

Offline Psalm65

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2019, 05:54:38 PM »
I'm in love with the roof just how it is and really dont  even want to put a roof rack on it. The tail jate looks good but does not close flush. Interior is a brown and tan.

Offline Psalm65

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2019, 05:58:15 PM »
The only thing I been doing is cutting the surface rust in the engine bay with wire wheels and sourcing brackets and accessories for my engine and transmission

Offline GS66

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2019, 06:25:47 PM »
Looks like a pretty rust free body to start with!
Jim
North Mankato, MN

65 Gran Sport HT auto
66 Gran Sport Conv. 4 speed
66 Gran Sport Conv auto
66 Gran Sport Post auto
66 Gran Sport HT auto

Offline Psalm65

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2019, 06:37:30 PM »
Looks like a pretty rust free body to start with!
Thanks Jim your right about that.

Offline elagache

• Crazy about Buick!
  • Caretaker of one assertive "billy-goat" wagon
Thanks for sharing, but . . . . (Re: Any wagon gurus. My wagons journey )
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2019, 03:16:29 PM »
Dear Ronnie, Jim, and mid-60s "long-roof" fans,

Sorry I'm just starting to catch up after having been without power for 2 days.  Looks like an interesting project, but . . . . .

. . . .   I think you are going to have a terribly difficult time trying to mount all those 7 wheels on a single station wagon! . . . .

Cheers, Edouard  :occasion14: