Author Topic: Dusty's new lights  (Read 475 times)

Offline elagache

• Crazy about Buick!
  • Caretaker of one assertive "billy-goat" wagon
Another power source for daytime running lights (Re: Dusty's new lights)
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2017, 09:50:46 PM »
Dear Barb and mid-60s Buick electricians,

I forgot there is a way to save the 10 bucks for the daytime running lights control.  You can split the power feed from the windshield wipers.  One of those wire is powered on only when the ignition is in run.  That's how the wipers always return to park even you stopped them in mid-sweep by turning off the ignition.  However, you would have to find a path for that extra wire.

Great.  I was just checking off all the Dusty's to do list. I had thought most were done. One more can not hurt. .

Maybe you thought you were done with Dusty!  Trusty me, classic Buicks never feel like they've gotten enough of your attention!  :laughing7:

Cheers, Edouard  :occasion14:

Offline Barb69

• Crazy about Buick!
Re: Dusty's new lights
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2017, 09:53:07 PM »
Dear Barb and mid-60s Buick electricians,

I forgot there is a way to save the 10 bucks for the daytime running lights control.  You can split the power feed from the windshield wipers.  One of those wire is powered on only when the ignition is in run.  That's how the wipers always return to park even you stopped them in mid-sweep by turning off the ignition.  However, you would have to find a path for that extra wire.

Great.  I was just checking off all the Dusty's to do list. I had thought most were done. One more can not hurt. .

Maybe you thought you were done with Dusty!  Trusty me, classic Buicks never feel like they've gotten enough of your attention!  :laughing7:

Cheers, Edouard  :occasion14:

Oh my friends, truer words have not been spoken.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk