Author Topic: Buick fan  (Read 469 times)

Offline Barb69

• Crazy about Buick!
Buick fan
« on: March 01, 2017, 09:48:25 AM »
I FOUND THIS ON THE BUICK PERFORMANCE CLUB SITE

A "Buick Nut" is someone who...

by John Irby

* envisions a winning drag car or show car where a rusty lump of iron sits in a junkyard.

* always ends a sentence with "but it could use a little more power" or "a little more chrome."

* has trouble remembering his wife's/girlfriend's birthday, but can recite reams of Buick part numbers and obscure automotive trivia for hours on end

* will show you photo albums of cars that he has owned, but will only show you pictures of his children if requested.

* tries to convince his wife that she does not need a new vacuum cleaner because the Shop Vac should do just fine.

* cringes at the thought of "potential restoration projects" going to the crusher.

* remembers important events chronologically by which Buick or Buicks he owned at the time. This phenomenon is known as an Auto-Biography.

* thinks a vacation is a junkyard tour through six states.

* is offended by his wife's/girlfriend's remark that she does not care what kind of car he picks her up in as long as he is on time!

* thinks the perfect home would be atop a huge, completely outfitted, multi-car garage.

* is completely baffled by people who are not into Buicks.

kicking Dust.

Offline 35chevcoupe

• Crazy about Buick!
Re: Buick fan
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2017, 09:58:12 AM »
Barb ,     :wave: That would be me !
The only other thing I might add is , I told my kids they couldn,t have any weddings on weekends that there is a car show or swapmeet being held . :laughing7:
John Evenson

1930 model A 4 dr sedan
35 chev coupe 2 dr Master Deluxe suicide dr,s
55 chev belair wagon 4dr
59 Buick Invicta 2 dr hd top
65 Buick GS 2 dr ht 3 spd
65 Buick GS Convertible 3 spd
1970 Cuda 440-6
71 Buick GS
84 chev 3/4 ton p/u 6.2 diesel
Yeah there's more
There all projects

Offline Loren At 65GS

• Administrator
  • Crazy about Buick!
  • Senior Administrator
    • 65 GS dot com
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2017, 10:24:05 AM »
Barb ,     :wave: That would be me !
The only other thing I might add is , I told my kids they couldn,t have any weddings on weekends that there is a car show or swapmeet being held . :laughing7:

Me too. lol

And I've come to grips with the fact I have an addiction.

Loren
65 GS hardtop BCA Senior
 65 GS thin pillar coupe
 65 Skylark coupe v-6
 65 GS hardtop restoration project
 65 Sport Wagon
 70 GS 455 htp / original engine
 94 Roadmaster wagon
 96 Roadmaster wagon- parts car
 63 Riviera

BCA 14371
 BCA 65 Gran Sport Division

Offline elagache

• Crazy about Buick!
  • Caretaker of one assertive "billy-goat" wagon
Thanks for sharing! 1960s Buicks need lots of 'luv! (Re: Buick fan)
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2017, 10:49:53 AM »
Dear Barb, John, Loren, and mid-60s Buick caregivers,

A "Buick Nut" is someone who...
. . . . . .

Thanks Barb for sharing - really cute!

I don't think I suffer from such a severe addiction.  Alas as we all discover from time to time,  50+ year old cars always seem to be in need of some sort of 'luv . . . .  :love4:

My "trusty wagon" is back in the shop with a ticking sound in the valve train.  I spent all day yesterday trying to reach Mike Tomaszewski of TA-Performance to get some troubleshooting advice, but he was never free.  I'll try again today.

There is always . . . . . something!!   :BangHead:

Edouard

Offline cwmcobra

• Crazy about Buick!
  • The Verde Howitzer
    • Ginky Weeds Restoration Project
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2017, 10:54:26 AM »
Amen!  It could be described as an illness, but one that only "hurts" the pocketbook.... :laughing7:

:cheers2:

Chuck

Steve Shuman's 1965 Skylark GS Convertible: Flame Red/401/4 BBL/Automatic - BCA Archival Preservation
1965 Skylark GS Convertible: Verde Green/401/2x4 BBL/4-speed - AACA First Grand National - AACA National Award - BHA Outstanding GS - BCA Senior Gold
1965 Shelby Cobra Replica

BCA 48497
AACA 91100

Offline Barb69

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2017, 10:58:54 AM »
You will figure it out.  Dusty has been in the shop for a week.  I miss him so much. Someone is doing me a favor finding the challenge of his tail lights. Since is a favor I can not rush them.

kicking Dust.

Offline Barb69

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2017, 01:27:18 PM »
OMG !!! I did not knew I had an illness until it was pointed out.  It has only been a year for me, but I believe my only cure is to get Dusty a buddy.  I guess we will hold each other's hand has we find those pieces that cure us. Enjoy the hunt.

kicking Dust.

Offline elagache

• Crazy about Buick!
  • Caretaker of one assertive "billy-goat" wagon
Just another day as a caregiver . . . (Re: Buick fan)
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2017, 10:12:33 PM »
Dear Barb, Chuck, and mid-60s Buick caregivers,

You will figure it out.  Dusty has been in the shop for a week.  I miss him so much. Someone is doing me a favor finding the challenge of his tail lights. Since is a favor I can not rush them.

Oh yes Barb I can sympathize!  Today was one of those days as related on "Da' further adventures of da' trusty billy-goat wagon" thread:

http://65gs.com/board/index.php?topic=2610.msg23103#msg23103

It is times like this that I can only defer to that great philosopher "Silvester da' Cat" who under similar impossible circumstances was quoted as saying:

S-S-S-S-S-S-Simple . . . isn't it!!  :BangHead:

Of course this might also remind you of another feline philosopher - Tom (of Tom and Jerry cartoons) who was also quoted as saying:

Don't - you believe it!

I hope everybody had a better day than me!  :BangHead:

Cheers, Edouard  :occasion14: