Author Topic: Title work is done so it's time to go to work.  (Read 4194 times)

Offline EZ Cool

• Crazy about Buick!
    • EZ Cool
Re: Title work is done so it's time to go to work.
« Reply #45 on: January 11, 2020, 08:51:06 AM »
The more i work on this car the more interest the wife is taking in it. We went to the upholstery shop and picked out some material she likes. We decided to go with a mild custom theme and not stick to the original GS clone plan. I have always been a fan of the '60's styles so we decided to go with some diamond pleats. We are very happy with the outcome. We really like the job he did on the padded dash expecially since I had stripped down to the bare metal and rebuilt it myself using spray foam. Should be a great cruiser for the wife and grandkids.

Offline yachtsmanbill

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #46 on: January 11, 2020, 09:07:00 AM »
At first I wasnt sure about that faux leather seat skin job, but the more I look, the more I like; especially that dash cover! car looks GREAT!   Bill
Nothing comes alive like a 455 !

Offline dsags

• Administrator
  • Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #47 on: January 11, 2020, 09:08:08 AM »
Lookin good. The dash matching the seat covers is a really nice touch.

Dan
1965 Special Convertible, L33 LS, 4L60

Offline EZ Cool

• Crazy about Buick!
    • EZ Cool
« Reply #48 on: January 11, 2020, 10:25:08 AM »
What you dont see here is the matching brown suede headliner he installed.  :blob7:

Offline GS66

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #49 on: January 11, 2020, 11:21:31 AM »
I like it, nice job!
Jim
North Mankato, MN

65 Gran Sport HT auto
66 Gran Sport Conv. 4 speed
66 Gran Sport Conv auto
66 Gran Sport Post auto
66 Gran Sport HT auto

Offline cwmcobra

• Crazy about Buick!
  • The Verde Howitzer
    • Ginky Weeds Restoration Project
« Reply #50 on: January 11, 2020, 11:52:15 AM »

Very nice.  That's a classy car!

:cheers2:

Chuck
Steve Shuman's 1965 Skylark GS Convertible: Flame Red/401/4 BBL/Automatic - BCA Archival Preservation
1965 Skylark GS Convertible: Verde Green/401/2x4 BBL/4-speed - AACA First Grand National - AACA National Award - BHA Outstanding GS - BCA Senior Gold
1965 Shelby Cobra Replica

BCA 48497
AACA 91100

Offline EZ Cool

• Crazy about Buick!
    • EZ Cool
« Reply #51 on: January 11, 2020, 12:30:43 PM »

Very nice.  That's a classy car!

:cheers2:

Chuck

Yeah, I figure if you can’t have originality at least have class.  :occasion14:

Offline elagache

• Crazy about Buick!
  • Caretaker of one assertive "billy-goat" wagon
Very nice! (Re: Title work is done so it's time to go to work. )
« Reply #52 on: January 11, 2020, 01:56:06 PM »
Dear EZ Cool, Bill, Dan, and mid-60s Buick restorers,

The more i work on this car the more interest the wife is taking in it. We went to the upholstery shop and picked out some material she likes. We decided to go with a mild custom theme and not stick to the original GS clone plan. I have always been a fan of the '60's styles so we decided to go with some diamond pleats. We are very happy with the outcome. We really like the job he did on the padded dash expecially since I had stripped down to the bare metal and rebuilt it myself using spray foam. Should be a great cruiser for the wife and grandkids.

Yes indeed, the car looks very nice!  I have two questions for you. 

• So what are your plans for the radio?  Are you going to put back some sort of original radio or something else?
  • I see that you are having your photos hosted on www.imgbb.com.  How do you like the service?  Is this something you would recommend for other member of 65GS.com?

Thanks for sharing!   :hello2:

Cheers, Edouard  :occasion14:

Offline EZ Cool

• Crazy about Buick!
    • EZ Cool
Re: Very nice! (Re: Title work is done so it's time to go to work. )
« Reply #53 on: January 11, 2020, 04:41:29 PM »
Dear EZ Cool, Bill, Dan, and mid-60s Buick restorers,

Yes indeed, the car looks very nice!  I have two questions for you. 

• So what are your plans for the radio?  Are you going to put back some sort of original radio or something else?
  • I see that you are having your photos hosted on www.imgbb.com.  How do you like the service?  Is this something you would recommend for other member of 65GS.com?

Thanks for sharing!   :hello2:

Not sure about the radio. The hoses on the vintage air system are really crowding the space where the radio goes. I’m thinking’s my maybe this: https://customautosoundmfg.com/product/universal-radios/hideaway-radio Any suggestions on that situation?
Really happy with imgbb so far. It’s really easy to use. Hopefully it won’t go the way that photosuckit has gone anytime soon.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2020, 04:48:53 PM by EZ Cool »

Offline elagache

• Crazy about Buick!
Radios and image hosting (Re: Title work is done so it's time to go to work. )
« Reply #54 on: January 12, 2020, 04:07:09 PM »
Dear EZ Cool and mid-60s Buick owners who want to be cool!  :glasses9:

Not sure about the radio. The hoses on the vintage air system are really crowding the space where the radio goes.

Unfortunately, Vintage Air does really clutter the area behind the dash.  How are you feeding air into the OEM center vent?  Did you make an adapter plenum like somebody else on this board has done?  Unfortunately, I've forgotten who did that.

If you are persistent, you could get a stereo (or even OEM radio) into the factory spot and still route your ducting around it.  My trusty wagon managed to have it all.  If you don't go that route, do you have the radio delete plates?  I suppose if you would prefer the hidden radio, you might cannibalize a 1965 Buick radio to keep only the display and use that as effectively a "delete plate."

I’m thinking’s my maybe this: https://customautosoundmfg.com/product/universal-radios/hideaway-radio Any suggestions on that situation?

I've never tried anything but the in dash stereos from Custom Autosound, but I've had one in Biquette since the 1990s.  They do make products that are robust and sound as good as they look.

Really happy with imgbb so far. It’s really easy to use. Hopefully it won’t go the way that photosuckit has gone anytime soon.

Thanks for the recommendation.  I'll look into it and perhaps come up with another tutorials.  So sorry that so many of your photos are no longer accessible from photobucket.  That was one of the meanest things I've ever seen web-based company do.

Thanks for the updates!

Offline EZ Cool

• Crazy about Buick!
    • EZ Cool
« Reply #55 on: March 17, 2020, 02:13:11 PM »
I installed some gauges where the radio used to be. With the nailhead playing tunes through 2-1/2" exhaust with flowmasters who needs a radio! Found these on Speedway. I picked these because the temp gauge reads 180 with the needle straight up where most are in the 230 range . They are Speedway's house brand but look to be pretty good quality with steel cases with the exception of the volt gauge which is plastic.

Offline elagache

• Crazy about Buick!
Looks very nice! (Re: Title work is done so it's time to go to work. )
« Reply #56 on: March 17, 2020, 03:21:41 PM »
Dear EZ Cool, and mid-60s Buick owners who have different tastes in audiophile,

I installed some gauges where the radio used to be. With the nailhead playing tunes through 2-1/2" exhaust with flowmasters who needs a radio!

. . . .  Oh!  So that's the problem!  I was wondering why it was so hard to hear the stereo in my trusty wagon!! . . . . .

Found these on Speedway. I picked these because the temp gauge reads 180 with the needle straight up where most are in the 230 range . They are Speedway's house brand but look to be pretty good quality with steel cases with the exception of the volt gauge which is plastic.

You did a very nice job!  Thanks for sharing.  We all need to solve the gauges problem one way or another and that's a perfectly reasonable way to do it.