Author Topic: Four General Restoration Questions  (Read 2879 times)

Offline Robk

• Crazy about Buick!
Re: Four General Restoration Questions
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2009, 09:13:27 PM »
If I succeed in attaching this photo, here is  a "before" photo of my GS.  Like i said, there is some rust, but the donor skylark will come in handy.

Rob K
65 Gran Sport Convertible 4 Speed

Offline Mark Ascher

• Administrator
  • Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2009, 09:39:11 PM »
Rob,

You were successful. Looks like a project alright, but definitely worth saving. I got your pm, and will reply. Thanks!

Lets see some more pics.

Mark
65 GS HT 4 Speed - BCA Senior 2015; AACA Senior Grand National 2021
66 Impala 396/TH400/12 Bolt "Project Rodent Remediation" - Almost Done
69 Bel Air 2 Door Sedan "Project Junior Stock" - In Process
19 Chev Silverado Pickem Up (daily driver)

Offline Robk

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2009, 07:21:27 PM »
Thanks for the information on the frames.  My GS frame is much rustier than I expected.  Anybody have a photo of the triangle piece on the GS frame or other differences between the GS and skylark convertible frame?  My GS frame didn't have any triangle piece although it is boxed and has the 4spd components.   My skylark frame also is boxed and reinforced in the rear but the reinforcement is a long rectangular piece not a triangle piece on a cross memeber To be honest, other than the 4 spd components, The frames look alike.  That may be due to the fact that the GS frame is pretty rough and even has been patched up on the driver's side all the way down the outside edge. 

I am going to use the skylark frame as my base but my GS frame doesn't provide much of a guide for any differences.  Any more details on the differences between a skylark convert frame and a GS frame from anyone would really be appreciated.  I would like to make the skylark frame correct for my car.  I have tried all sorts of google searches looking for photos of GS frames and have come up empty.

As always, Thanks  Rob K

65 Gran Sport Convertible 4 Speed