Author Topic: Really neat Hagerty time-lapse video of a Ford flat-head engine rebuild.  (Read 607 times)

Offline elagache

• Crazy about Buick!
  • Caretaker of one assertive "billy-goat" wagon
Dear mid-60s Buick gearheads,

Not exactly mid-60s Buick material, but definitely a very neat achievement.   Hagerty posted this video in their email newsletter - it is really an amazing bit of time-lapse photography and you engine rebuild guys should especially get a big kick out of it.  Here is a link directly to You-Tube:

https://youtu.be/L_AY8bH3vxY

If you have any way to view You-Tube videos on a big-screen TV, this is definitely worth seeing that way.

Enjoy!

Edouard  :occasion14:

Offline 66nailhead

• Crazy about Buick!
That's pretty cool. [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dan Harper

66 buick gs hardtop.  401/st400
66 buick gs convertible. 401/st300. Original Verde green with 70,000 miles
66 buick special 2dr post. 340/st400.
66 buick special wagon

Offline Mister T

• Crazy about Buick!
Very cool indeed! What struck me the most was how easy EVERY engine bolt broke loose without anyone breaking. That wouldn't happen to any of us. :icon_biggrin:
Tom B

Currently bereft of Buicks.

Offline GS66

• Crazy about Buick!
There's always so much cool stuff on this site!
Jim
North Mankato, MN

65 Gran Sport HT auto
66 Gran Sport Conv. 4 speed
66 Gran Sport Conv auto
66 Gran Sport Post auto
66 Gran Sport HT auto

Offline elagache

• Crazy about Buick!
  • Caretaker of one assertive "billy-goat" wagon
Dear Dan, Tom, Jim, and mid-60s Buick fans of . . . . . "documentaries?" . . . .  :laughing7:

What struck me the most was how easy EVERY engine bolt broke loose without anyone breaking. That wouldn't happen to any of us. :icon_biggrin:

. . . But of course, what would expect from a work of science fiction! . . . .

Seriously, this was a time-lapse film, so they could spend any amount of time attacking the bolt before the next picture was taken.  So we don't know how long it took them to get every bolt free (or how much cussing was involved! :angryfire: )  Also, I'm sure that these guys understood that they were making this build for a film so they had every trick in book in reserve.  Rebuilding an engine isn't easy, but managing to do it in front of a camera?  You have to give these guys credit - they did pull it off!

Cheers, Edouard  :occasion14: