Author Topic: Tom Telesco's Rocker Arms  (Read 8004 times)

Offline WkillGS

• Administrator
  • Crazy about Buick!
Re: Tom Telesco's Rocker Arms
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2011, 10:58:06 AM »
I have decided to get a set of roller rockers,  how do I get in touch with Tom Telesco?

Thanks, Tom

Did you order these yet and if so, do you mind telling us what you paid for them?  Is there anything other than the rockers that you need when installing these?

The convertible has a tick at start-up that eventually goes away so I figure it's best now to replace the cam, timing set, lifters, push rods, rockers and maybe the oil pump this Spring.

Thanks,

Chris

Bought mine from Tom a few years ago and they were over $900 for the bare rockers. The original stands, spacer springs, and shafts can be reused. Tom can also provide new, thicker rocker shafts.

TA Performance lists a ready-to-bolt-on setup for $1050. These do not fit under the cast aluminum 'BUICK' valve covers.
Walt K
Eastern Pa

66 GS Astro Blue/blue 425 auto
66 GS Silver Mist/black 401 4 spd
66 GS Flame Red/black 401 5 spd
66 GS Saddle Mist/black 401 L76 auto
66 Special Flame Red/black 300 5 spd
65 GS vert Verde Green/ Saddle buckets 401 4 spd
79 Turbo Regal

Offline Chris

• Crazy about Buick!
  • "Fast With Class"
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2011, 12:19:12 PM »
Chris,

I have a 'driver quality' dash pad. No cracks, but no graining either. Already sprayed black. Priced right too.

Dan

Let's talk about this my friend.   :confused3:

Please shoot me a price over private message and I'll check and see if I can return a couple of my wifes Christmas presents and come up with the money to buy it from you.   :laughing7:

Looks like a really nice part Dan and all I'd need to do is respray it red.

Chris
-= A Howitzer with Windshield Wipers =-

1965 GS Coupe
 1983 Porsche 911 SC
 2000 Porsche 911
 2011 Lamborghini LP550-2

Offline Chris

• Crazy about Buick!
  • "Fast With Class"
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2011, 12:23:15 PM »
  I also have a sagging coil on the rear drivers side that needs replaced,

Chris

For rear coils, I'm using Moog 6197 on my 66's. They're near stock height, maybe a touch higher, which works well if you have larger tires in the rear.
They're on sale at Amazon for only $35.65 a pair!!! Couple that with the free shipping option and it's a killer deal!
http://www.amazon.com/Moog-6197-Constant-Rate-Spring/dp/B000CONPEM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1323447826&sr=8-1

Another fix for a sag is to install some spacers such as big washers or metal plates between the coil spring and the mount on the rear.

Thanks Walt

A local shop quoted me $125 for labor to install a new set if I provided the parts so at $160 bucks it sounds like a wise investment to fix it correctly and not worry about it for another 40 years.  :)

I'd do this in my own shop but between not having a lift and the right tools, having the shop deal with it is money in the bank as far as I'm concerned minus the headache of any rusted bolts.

Thanks again,

Chris
-= A Howitzer with Windshield Wipers =-

1965 GS Coupe
 1983 Porsche 911 SC
 2000 Porsche 911
 2011 Lamborghini LP550-2

Offline Mark Ascher

• Administrator
  • Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2011, 02:01:58 PM »
Chris,

To replace the rear springs should be no more than 15 minutes per side. The bottom retainer for the spring comes off, and the shock needs to be disconnected at the bottom. Spring pops right out.
Another option is Espo for the springs. I bought from them based on several recommendations on this forum, and am pretty happy with the ride height, even with many pieces still to go in. I think it cost around $90 to my door from Espo, which is in PA.

Mark
65 GS HT 4 Speed - BCA Senior 2015; AACA Senior Grand National 2021
66 Impala 396/TH400/12 Bolt "Project Rodent Remediation" - Almost Done
69 Bel Air 2 Door Sedan "Project Junior Stock" - In Process
19 Chev Silverado Pickem Up (daily driver)