Interior & Tops > Soft & Convertible Tops

Convertible Top Frame Color

(1/3) > >>

Buick_65:
I posted this question on the V8 buick site as well.  Does anybody know what color the convertible top frame should be on a midnight blue 65 GS?  Mine is Marina Blue which makes absolutely know sense.  And looks awful. 

Thanks

Mark Ascher:
Todd,

Every GM convertible top frame I've seen from the 60s era is black.

Mark

Buick_65:
Well, mine (while probably not right for my car) is an original and it's Marina Blue.  So I am fairly certain they weren't all black.

The story is the car got leaked on when it was on the hauler and the top got damaged.  They put a new top on the car, but they did it awful quick (according to the father in law).  The theory is they yanked one off of a car on the lot to get him down the road.  Probably a Marina Blue non GS car.

If anyone has a Midnight Blue GS car and can shed some light, it would be appreciated.  Otherwise it will be black.  Or perhaps dash color.  Haven't decided....

cwmcobra:
Todd,

I can only add that the frame on both of my cars is black.  The red one is original, so I'm confident it came that way from the factory.  The other was white, but has been restored once, but still a black frame.

Cheers!

Chuck

Loren At 65GS:
I've had five different color '65 convertibles, one of them Midnight Blue, and the top frames have all been black.

Loren

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version