Author Topic: It Might be time for my beloved 1965 Gran Sport it find a new home (Again?)  (Read 1436 times)

Offline GreatScat1965

• Crazy about Buick!
This is a VERY tough one for me but it might be time for my Matching #'s '65 GS to go to another good home. Yea, I know I sold it in 2000 only to buy it back in 2005. Make no mistake I love this car. Sometimes life changes things. Since most of you know the car I'm not going to bloviate about it. For those of you who don't it's an older frame on restoration, matching #401 built by Carmen Fasco. It is stock appearing, all steel and went 12.79 @102.10 (1.68 60') at Cecil County Buick Regionals last year. I'd love to hear some feedback from my peers about how I shouldn't sell it, but honestly I'm hoping to come home from the GSCA Nationals with an empty trailer. That being said, unless I have a change of heart I'm taking offers on the car. This is a great year to be a '65 GS owner. :overthetop:

P.S. There will be another Buick in my future (Someday) it's in my blood. :notworthy:

Thanks,
 Jerry Derise
 Avon, OH
« Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 07:58:30 AM by GreatScat1965 »
Jerry

Offline GS66

• Crazy about Buick!
Some of us are relative newbies here so maybe post at least one picture. I am not familiar with your car but would like to see it.
Jim
North Mankato, MN

65 Gran Sport HT auto
66 Gran Sport Conv. 4 speed
66 Gran Sport Conv auto
66 Gran Sport Post auto
66 Gran Sport HT auto

Offline GreatScat1965

• Crazy about Buick!
Let me see if I can.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 08:39:15 AM by GreatScat1965 »
Jerry

Offline Mister T

• Crazy about Buick!
Jerry, don't know if you remember me, but I met you a few times at BPG. I drove my now sold bamboo cream 65 down in 2013.

I have seen your car run several times, and it's a strong performer.  :thumbsup:

Yes it can be difficult to let them go. Good luck with your sale, and here's hoping you get strong money for it.
Tom B

Currently bereft of Buicks.

Offline GranSportSedan

• Crazy about Buick!
I might be an interested party depending on how much the asking price is.
Bob
1966 Special Deluxe
1941 Buick Sedanette
2021 Jeep Gladiator Diesel

Offline GreatScat1965

• Crazy about Buick!
Jerry, don't know if you remember me, but I met you a few times at BPG. I drove my now sold bamboo cream 65 down in 2013.

I have seen your car run several times, and it's a strong performer.  :thumbsup:

Yes it can be difficult to let them go. Good luck with your sale, and here's hoping you get strong money for it.

Yes, I do remember you and the Bamboo Cream car. So why did you part with yours?

Jerry.
Jerry

Offline Mister T

• Crazy about Buick!

Yes, I do remember you and the Bamboo Cream car. So why did you part with yours?

Jerry.

I made a comment on another thread here about thinking of selling it. Next thing you know, I get a PM from Dan, aka dsags asking for a price. He agreed to my number, which meant I couldn't really back out.

Like you, I will get another one some day, but it has to be a convertible.   :cheers2:
Tom B

Currently bereft of Buicks.

Offline GreatScat1965

• Crazy about Buick!
Jerry