Other Buicks and Years > Other Buicks

65 Special With Upgrades

(1/5) > >>

Rollaround:
Loren, Here's my favorite interior shot, I'll post some more but I like this one. We showed up for this young lady's second birthday and someone put her in the car for a photo op. What we did not realize was this would be the first time she had ever been in a car not strapped into her car seat. She was overwhelmed by the chrome, steering wheel and window cranks. Being the bright young gal she is she made an announcement, she proclaimed MINE! Needless to say getting her out of the car was quit the event.

Back to the interior. I redid the seats, installing high density foam with Skylark covers the door panels, original Special where in great shape. I removed the rubber matting and installed carpet. The dash was removed and restored with some additions.       

Brian:
Where did the tach that fits in the clock hole come from?   Is that custom made, or available somewhere on the open market? 

Rollaround:
Brian the tach is out of a 71 Chevelle. I removed the clock then using the back of the clock case for the tach I was able to make it fit. The hardest part was getting the depth set so the needle distance behind the glass would match the gas gauge and speedo needles.
If you look very closely, just below and inboard from the 7 is a very small but bright LED light, it serves as my check engine light.
I have photos of the conversion process I just need to find them if your interested.     

Loren At 65GS:
Extremely SWEET!

Do tell more.  Beautiful engine and your overall detail is fantastic.

She is a  cutie and has good taste already. LOL

Thanks for the posting,

Loren

cwmcobra:
What a neat and elegant idea.  I'd love to see the photos if you can find them.  Is this a Shiftworks product?  Do you have a part number?

Cheers!

Chuck

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version