General Discussion > Buick Interchange

64 vs 65 parts

(1/2) > >>

1965special:
Does anyone know if the radiator support, hood latch support (vertical piece in middle, behind the grille), upper and lower control arms, and spindles off of a 64 Special 4 door would interchange with a 65 GS?  thanks, Steve

Loren At 65GS:
The suspension parts will work.

The radiator support will NOT. Front fender / headlight area is totally different between '64 and '65.

I would have to look up the grille support, to know for sure.

Loren

jmos4:
Hi,

The radiator support won't work on a Gran sport as all 64 and some early 65 special/skylark's all came with down flow radiators later 65 special/skylark/Gran Sports all had cross flow radiators.

Also the grille support is different.

Regards,

1965special:
Thanks for the info Jim and Loren.  I found someone with a wrecked four door 64 Special.  I am trying to buy as many parts as I can off of it as the car has very low miles on it and front end is as nice as I've seen.  I've got a 65 GS, so I can't use the outer fenders, grille, nor front bumper.  Now I know I can't use the radiator support pieces either.  If anyone is looking for these 64 parts, send me a PM.  Steve

Loren At 65GS:
Steve,

The inner fenders will swap to '65. A '64 or '65 Special / Skylark, is a good source for a driver side inner front fender. The battery is on the passenger side on those models. Also the rear bumper is the same.

Loren

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version