Announcements > New Members / Bio's

Important Annoucement - Please Read

(1/4) > >>

Chris:
Dear Friends,

I've operated this site for about eight years and during this time I've had a great time and I've meet a lot of nice people.  I've come to the decision that it's time for me to pass on the torch and ask that someone else take over the site responsibilities.  My life has really changed over the last four years and I've had to reevaluate what is most important to me and where my financial and time resources are best spent. 

I'm asking for a volunteer to assume responsibly of hosting the site on another server and maintaining / creating new content so the site lives on.  It'll be the new owners decision if they want to ask the members for donations, allow banners / advertising or sell merchandise to cover the annual costs and then it'll be up to the members to decide if they'll accept these changes and continue visiting the site. 

All information on the site will be transferred to the new owner either electronically or sent to them on a DVD.  Hosting can continue through BlueHost.com and on a different account and the DNS name will be transferred to the new owner at their cost.  To be very clear, I'm not selling this site and this offer is for someone to take it over free and clear minus any hosting and transfer charges they might incur.  All data will become the property of the new owner with the possible exception of the Registry which could remain separate (this decision to be made with the group that maintains it).

In addition to this, I will be selling some various 1965 GS items that will include:

1. A set of NOS quarter panels (four door but in mint brand new factory primer condition)  $2500 OBO  - Only sold as a pair)
2. A dealer binder containing the factory cloth swatches and paint / top options - $500 OBO
3. A early "square" Gran Sport grille badge - $300 OBO
4. A glove box Gran Sport emblem - $85
5. Injection molds for the Parking lenses - $3000
6. Injection molds for the Reverse lenses - $2000  (Over $15,000 invested in these two molds!)

I'll have some various other parts that I'll be digging out and offering here first.

My convertible is being offered here one more time at $18,500 and if it doesn't sell here in the next couple of months, it'll go on EBay with a $22k reserve and then onto the Spring Auburn auction where it'll be sold on a $20,000 reserve.  My hardtop will also go up for sale next summer in whatever stage the body shop has completed it (it's been there for five years and the guy has jacked me around and I'm finally fed up!).

This change has less to do with money and more to do with time with my growing family (four grand kids now) and a very demanding job that leaves me very little time.  I've done very little to maintain or expand the website and this is something that I personally feel bad about.  This site started with a passion to bring the 65 guys together and I think we've accomplished that together.  The time has come to move on and I'm welcoming any offers from anyone to accept the torch and run with it.

My hosting and DNS registration is paid up until 2/4/2013 so we have a little time to find a new owner and get them off to a good start.  If I'm unable to find someone to take this on, unfortunately I'll need to let the accounts expire and the site will simply become unavailable after that time.

Please contact me via private message or email if you are interested in anything mentioned in this posting.

Thanks,

Chris

BuickGSrules:
Chris,

Sorry to hear you are getting out of business, you have done a fantastic job creating this site. I hope everything will turn out to the best for you and you will be happy with your decisions.
I hope someone will jump in and continue this site.

Jan

Jimmy Stewart:
Chris,

Thanks so much for all the hard work on the site and I'm so glad that I met you last month at the BPG in Hebron.  Your efforts and the site in general were key in my decision to go for a 65 GS as my first collectible and helped me to refine my final choice down to "Fiona".  Thanks so much and here's hoping you'll remain active in the future.

Jimmy 

bobbybuick:
Chris could you email me the basic start up and annual costs .Give me your phone number in the email also
bobbybuick@sbcglobal.net

kcombs:
That is an amazing offer and I am impressed that you have put your family first in your considerations. As hard as it is for some of us to acknowledge, they are just cars. I hope someone steps up to the plate and takes over, and I wish you many happy years as a doting grandfather.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version