Author Topic: MY 65 Post 4 SPEED restore OFFICIALLY STARTED 7-1-2012 goal complete by 2015  (Read 13182 times)

Offline Chris

• Crazy about Buick!
  • "Fast With Class"
Looking awesome!

Loving that color and the car is super clean.

Chris
-= A Howitzer with Windshield Wipers =-

1965 GS Coupe
 1983 Porsche 911 SC
 2000 Porsche 911
 2011 Lamborghini LP550-2

Offline bobbybuick

• Crazy about Buick!

Offline bobbybuick

• Crazy about Buick!
Fenders assembled and car turns over all the wiring is complete .Putting seats in this weekend and completing interior .Glass went in last week all Tinted

Offline Chris

• Crazy about Buick!
  • "Fast With Class"
You aren't ready to sell the car back to me now are you?   :evil6:

This really is a special car and I think she went to the right guy.

Chris
-= A Howitzer with Windshield Wipers =-

1965 GS Coupe
 1983 Porsche 911 SC
 2000 Porsche 911
 2011 Lamborghini LP550-2

Offline dsags

• Administrator
  • Crazy about Buick!
I'll second the 'right guy' comment. Doing a fantastic job Bobby !

Couple of questions - where did you source the post car interior pieces ? And how the heck do you get the car up on those stands ?  :laughing7:
1965 Special Convertible, L33 LS, 4L60

Offline bobbybuick

• Crazy about Buick!
The interior is from a parts car I bought and just cleaned it up .it is not perfect but it is factory.I found after buying a bunch of Repop stuff I went with oem even though it wasn't new.I am trying to use (and we will see) stock oem clutch it looked perfect only 43 k on it and car was owned by a female bought new.Stock rubber i many places,plug wires,cap,seats,door and qtr panels,armrests,radio,most all the trim

The ramps are race ramps.they are in Lieu of jack stands just feel safer .I work alone a lot and had some close calls over the years with jack stands.They are about the same height as jack stands just a 2x4 and a floor jack.also they keep the suspension in the correct spot which helps for exhaust and all the bushings.thanks guys for the comments

Offline dsags

• Administrator
  • Crazy about Buick!
Thanks for the reply. Finding a nice post car interior to use must have been a sweet surprise. Will check out the ramps.

Offline bobbybuick

• Crazy about Buick!

it was so cool sitting it the car for the first time 1=26=14

Offline bobbybuick

• Crazy about Buick!
]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6i9-jyx4toc&feature=youtu.be
« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 10:57:36 PM by Chris »

Offline Jonesy

• Crazy about Buick!
Great video. Congrats, the car is beautiful.
65 GS 4-speed
70 GS 455 Auto
87 Grand National daily driver

Offline GS66

• Crazy about Buick!
That car is a WOW!
Jim
North Mankato, MN

65 Gran Sport HT auto
66 Gran Sport Conv. 4 speed
66 Gran Sport Conv auto
66 Gran Sport Post auto
66 Gran Sport HT auto

Offline nut465gs

• Administrator
  • Crazy about Buick!
What a great looking 4-speed GS. You've done a fantastic job with the restoration. Kudos!!! Great video, sounds nasty. What cam did you use? BTW, you could probably use regular heater hose clamps rather than those tower clamps. Here's a photo from a '65 literature piece. You're on the home stretch, next video will be you doing a burnout.

John

Offline mdkd

• Crazy about Buick!
John

Thanks for bringing this picture in the Red Vinyl Brochure to my attention on the heater hose clamps as they go into the firewall.

I took a lot closer look at the other pictures in the Red Vinyl Brochure I have and noticed the upper radiator hose is still a tower clamp on both the Gran Sport and Riviera Gran Sport.

Does anyone else have real BUICK documentation allowing us to use something other than tower clamps for water?

MDKD 
65 White GS HT My Pride & Joy
31 in Registry 2022 BCA Gold
65 Red White GS Convert 99 in Registry
SOLD to a good home in Ohio
65 Black GS HT - SOLD to a good home local
Several 64-65 non GS HT & Convert Sold
64 Special 4dr parents bought new not 4 sale

Offline nut465gs

• Administrator
  • Crazy about Buick!
Milton,

I believe that for judging purposes, tower clamps are needed for the radiator hoses. The heater hose clamps are those regular spring clamps. If you look through the Buick Chassis Manual, you can spot some illustrations of both the radiator hose tower clamps and heater hose spring clamps. Sorry, I don't know the proper name for those spring clamps. They can be bought at most hardware stores however. Later today, I'll look through the rest of my literature to see if I can find any Buick factory photos or illustrations. If I find anything, I will post it.

John

Offline dsags

• Administrator
  • Crazy about Buick!
Those are corbin spring clamps. Usually require a special tool to install nicely but can be done with pliers if you are careful.

Bobby, that is one sweet car you have. Doing an outstanding job. Thanks for the video.