Author Topic: Blaster ruined thin pillar coupe parts may be selling off 4 speed project  (Read 615 times)

Offline bobbybuick

• Crazy about Buick!
After waiting 3 weeks to pick up my parts I get a call yesterday that the blaster warped my good hood.After looking everything over .The doors, hood,Decklid are all junk .These weere ALL new mexico rust free.Ironicly today I was supposed to pick up a donor car in PA and that guy got all waffled on me so I maybe scrapping the project and selling the car for a loss.I am going to have another bodyman look at the parts this week and wait until friday to see if the PA car is a go or not before I make up my mind .Really bumming today as this thing was gearing up for a winter 2012.I have a bodyman bardering the bodywork and paint for a turbo regal I traded him

Offline WkillGS

• Administrator
  • Crazy about Buick!
That's just a damn shame.... will the blaster reimburse you for the damaged parts? .... he should. In fact, he better...or pursue legal options..
Since those parts can be replaced, maybe you can still save the car. That's the car you got from Chris, correct?
Did the blaster use baking soda or sand for the blasting? I've done sand blasting myself and have ruined a hood (lesson learned), and slightly warped some fenders which were easily repaired.
Walt K
Eastern Pa

66 GS Astro Blue/blue 425 auto
66 GS Silver Mist/black 401 4 spd
66 GS Flame Red/black 401 5 spd
66 GS Saddle Mist/black 401 L76 auto
66 Special Flame Red/black 300 5 spd
65 GS vert Verde Green/ Saddle buckets 401 4 spd
79 Turbo Regal

Offline Chris

• Crazy about Buick!
  • "Fast With Class"
Oh my god... I seriously have a sick feeling and I feel like I could puke right now.

I'm personally pissed off although I don't own any of these parts anymore!  Those panels were so nice and I sorted through the best parts I had to help make this project successful.  The car had less than 45,000 original miles and just begged to be saved!

I'm sure you can make your money back plus some in parts alone (what wasn't destroyed) but this would mean the loss of such a rare car.

This has totally ruined my day

Chris
-= A Howitzer with Windshield Wipers =-

1965 GS Coupe
 1983 Porsche 911 SC
 2000 Porsche 911
 2011 Lamborghini LP550-2