Author Topic: Hard top arm rest base  (Read 1999 times)

Offline jaredyocum

• Crazy about Buick!
Hard top arm rest base
« on: February 20, 2012, 11:58:08 AM »
Does any one remake these chrome plastic hard top only arm rest bases ? I broke one of mine and I need a replacment. I see some one has a set on ebay but $50 each is allot I think to give but I may be forces to go that route.
JSY

Offline Chris

• Crazy about Buick!
  • "Fast With Class"
Re: Hard top arm rest base
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2012, 12:46:15 PM »
There were talks of someone making the bases and the pads but I think the recession pretty much put a damper on that.   :crybaby2:

I think the only option still is to find a good used one.  A trick that many of us have used over the years is to find a pair that might have the chrome a little distressed on top and flip them over and switch sides so the chrome that was on the bottom is now on the top.  A couple guys have sent them out and had them rechromed with really good results and I think it was around $60 a side.

Chris
-= A Howitzer with Windshield Wipers =-

1965 GS Coupe
 1983 Porsche 911 SC
 2000 Porsche 911
 2011 Lamborghini LP550-2

Offline jaredyocum

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2012, 09:43:20 PM »
Thanks !
JSY

Offline dsags

• Administrator
  • Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2012, 08:51:39 AM »
Legendary makes an 11" chrome armrest base. They are $30/pair. Part AP64GA-BASEFRT

Dan
1965 Special Convertible, L33 LS, 4L60

Offline nut465gs

• Administrator
  • Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2012, 06:13:31 PM »
I don't know if Jared needs the armrest bases for a convertible or hardtop which use a 14" long base. The post cars use a different, shorter style of armrest/base.

I was able to find a really good set in a salvage yard from a 4 door Skylark with the Deluxe interior. The rear armrest bases are the same as the front.  However, the pads have an ash tray embedded into them. Like Chris said, try flipping them upside down a put the left side on the right side and vice versa.

Mr G's Enterprises can repair and plastic re-chrome your old ones. Sometimes they have the 14" long bases on hand or will swap with your old ones. Here's the link. For some reason when I try to go to the page with our Buicks info, the page is corrupted. I'd give them a call for pricing, etc. If you need the 14" long, 1965 Buick Skylark bases with the Deluxe interior, let them know exactly what you need.

http://www.mrgusa.com/

John

Offline jaredyocum

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2012, 09:08:38 PM »
Yea I need the long hard top versions I will give them a call Thanks !
JSY