Author Topic: 65 GS convertible for sale  (Read 1811 times)

Offline Alan B

• Buick Fan
65 GS convertible for sale
« on: July 25, 2012, 11:08:45 AM »
Hello friends,

I just bought a 65 GS and I'm going to have to sell it. I was pretty sure I could get forgiveness, but I probably should have asked permission. The car has been a star at our local cars and coffee. It is a good driver quality car. When I've pointed out flaws and suggested that they need to be corrected the most usual response has been "What, are you nuts?". Its a car I'm proud to show off, but not so nice that I'm afraid to drive it and let my friends take it for a run. I would drive the car to California tomorrow.

The car is a matching numbers convertible, originally red, now light blue with a blue top. The car has a console tach, power steering, R and L side Buick logo mirrors and a power top. Except for a front disk conversion, halogen sealed beam replacements, a new exhaust, the repaint, and I think new carpet, everything looks to be original. I have the original front brake parts. There's a wooden wheel installed; I have the original. The bright work is in very good shape. There is very little pitting and with minimal work it really shines. The car runs great and sounds fantastic. Everything works except the cigarette lighter; yes, even the clock. The car has a few oil drips running Mobil 1 high mileage, but none of the massive seal leaks I've heard about when switching to synthetic oil. I add a small amount of ZDDP additive to the oil to bring it up to recommended levels. The steering was sloppy and the power steering pump was leaking. I'm having the steering rack, bushings, and end links replaced, and fixing the power steering pump before someone else gets the car.

There has been some body work done on the floor and both rear quarters. I think it is rust repair, not accident damage. I can't see it from the outside of the car except some bubbles at the bottom of the passenger side rear quarter. The quality of the metal work is OK, not perfect. The paint job was very complete, but the quality of the paint job is average or slightly below.

I have the owner's manual, the convertible top manual, and a shop manual with GS supplement.

I'm happy to send pictures to anyone who is interested. Please let me know what you'd like to see.

Drive smiling,
Alan

1965 GS Convertible
New to me driver with new and exciting discoveries every day. (Mostly bad, but still exciting)

Offline Smitty

• Buick Fan
Re: 65 GS convertible for sale
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2012, 10:23:50 PM »
Send pics, I am sure we would all like to see. As a newbie and 65 GS "wanna purchase" I am definitel interested.

Thanks

Offline Bamfer

• Buick Fan
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2012, 02:40:54 PM »
I didn't see a price for your GS ?

Offline Charles Fatseas

• Buick Fan
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2012, 03:09:27 PM »
Do you still own this car.  I am interested in possible purchase

Charles Fatseas@gmail.com

Offline wildcat65

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2012, 05:01:17 PM »
I just met with Alan Saturday and he has his other car for sale and is working on the Convertible - I think he is keeping this car.
Well met!   enjoyed meeting you Alan and looking forward to seeing the convertible sson.
Ted
Ted Nagel         65 Skylark GS 4-speed + Wildcats + GS's