Author Topic: Small Grille Badge  (Read 3466 times)

Offline 65GS

• Crazy about Buick!
Re: Small Grille Badge
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2010, 08:36:54 PM »
Chris

a pleasure to help.
I will look in to some of the small casting co in my area and see if it would be cost effective to have maybe 2 dozen made up.
A good friend does chrome plating, so he maybe able to help.

Will keep you informed.

Al
65 GS Conv.(flame red/ white int. orig. 401/ 4 speed.
65 GS hardtop auto.
BCA #3277

Offline GranSportSedan

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2011, 06:43:33 PM »
Guys,
 how can i tell if my car is supposed to have the small badge or the script badge? here is a pic of my data tag which i think shows it to be an early car.

Bob
1966 Special Deluxe
1941 Buick Sedanette
2021 Jeep Gladiator Diesel

Offline Chris

• Crazy about Buick!
  • "Fast With Class"
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2011, 08:18:43 PM »
I think that the 2D at the beginning of the plate would mean this car was built in Feb. 1965 on the forth week of the month.  My understanding is that if your car was build within the first two months (Jan & Feb.) then there is a possiblity that it was a small grille badge car. 

It's unknown exactly when the switch to the larger grille emblem occured however we are all pretty much in agreement that it probably didn't make it past Febuary and they used up any remaining stock on the cars until they ran out.  Since your car would've been built right at the cut-over time, I think you'd be safe to run either emblem on your car and still be correct and running the small emblem (if you can find one) will just make your car a little more unique.

Hope this helps?

Chris
-= A Howitzer with Windshield Wipers =-

1965 GS Coupe
 1983 Porsche 911 SC
 2000 Porsche 911
 2011 Lamborghini LP550-2