Author Topic: New Member  (Read 1386 times)

Offline option B9

• Crazy about Buick!
« on: December 30, 2009, 08:04:37 PM »
    Ok everyone, don't laugh (John & Chris ) I got some time to get on the 65Gs site and I did it . Now i just must learn my way around it . And once I do I will post my bio and answer any questions that the members may have !!!
    Thanks. Freezing in NY... Tony G
65 GS Hardtop 401 Silver, Black Vinyl top, Black interior,  
65 GS Thin Pillar coupe 401 Red on Red interior (Steve Shuman's) undergoing restoration.
65 GS Convertible 401 White, Red interior, Black top. BCA # 15317

Offline Chris

• Crazy about Buick!
  • "Fast With Class"
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2009, 08:34:07 PM »
TONY!

Hey man.. great to see you join us online.

For those who don't reconize Tony G, this is Mr. Anthony Gatta who we have to thank for taking on ownership of the registry after Steve Shuman passed away and he's the proud owner of one of Steve's 65's

I hope that Christmas with the family went well and the New Year is brought in safely.

Is it offical yet, are you retired now?

So far your computer skills are on par with everyone else.  I think that you'll quickly realize that most of the guys that hang out here can find their way around the engine bay of a 65 much better than the engine bay of their PC.   :tongue3:

Hope to see you around and I look forward to reading your posts.

Chris    :rocker:
-= A Howitzer with Windshield Wipers =-

1965 GS Coupe
 1983 Porsche 911 SC
 2000 Porsche 911
 2011 Lamborghini LP550-2

Offline nut465gs

• Administrator
  • Crazy about Buick!
Re: New Member
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2009, 10:01:12 AM »
Tony,

Glad to see that you have made an official appearance. This website could not be complete without you aboard. Not to worry about navigating the website, Chris made it simple and easy so that even I can find my way around. You have a lot of info and history to share. We will be waiting to see your bio post.

Happy Holidays to you and your family.

John Egel

Offline option B9

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2010, 07:38:46 PM »
OK, I'm back.     Thank You John & Chris that was a nice welcome that you gave to me. i feel that It's an honor to
be among all of you.. We have come a long way and some how some way we need to all meet and talk about this.
but until then this is the best place to be, I'm home !
     My Bio is..... My name is Anthony 49 Years young from NYC. I'm second generation Buick!My father Joe was a Buick Tech for the local Buick dealership for 32 years. He retired in 1991, so growing up i was surrounded by Buick stories, information, and a long list of Buick's that we owned from the early 60's on up. On the weekends my father would repair Buick's at home in our backyard for some extra money, so there was always a Buick to work on.
      As the years passed I wanted a nice Buick to drive but I just started working for NYC and the job took me to some areas of the city where a nice Buick was not a good idea. So i bought an old Ford, I hated it! but nobody bothered it in the toughest of neighborhoods so it was OK.   But I still wanted my nice Buick. My Grandfather gave me his 1965 Buick Special 4Dr sedan (he was too old to drive) and i fixed it up and used it on the weekends weather permitting. I learned about old car shows and a local Buick club, I joined the club and found many other people that were crazy about Buick's too.... I wanted more... in 1984 I bought a 69 Riviera... in 1990 I bought a 65
Skylark GS convertible... I was hooked. The GS had style and a simple big motor. Fast forward to 2003 I'm now married with one child and add another 1965 Skylark GS to my collection It's from the Steve Shuman Estate it's his
rusty original thin pillar coupe that he pulled out of a junkyard and was going to restore. But he died of cancer.
     Fast forward again to 2005 My Wife has triplet Boys !!!  and I'm still working on the thin pillar coupe whenever
I can. All the mechanicals must be fixed or replaced before I start on the bodywork  Plus the other Buick's need regular maintenance too.. Not enough hours in my day!
     Well here we are in 2009/2010  I'm not having anymore children and just retired from NYC after 26 years of service. and the thin pillar coupe is in the transmission shop getting the last mechanical work done then I can start on the bodywork in the spring... and all through these years I took apart Three 65 Skylark parts cars, attended many BCA & ROA National , Regional, Local meets and purchased too many  parts, And loved every minuet of it ...
I don't watch any sports or have any bad habits. I collect Buick's and Buick stuff (or junk as my wife calls it)
    I have met many  Great Buick Family's  in my travels around the country and learned that every Buick has a story,
a great American Story...    As of this date i own a 1965 Buick Special 4dr Sedan (V6 225)
                                                                               1965 Buick Skylark Gran Sport Convertible
                                                                               1965 Buick Skylark Gran Sport Thin Pillar Coupe
65 GS Thin Pillar coupe 401 Red on Red interior (Steve Shuman's) undergoing restoration.

Offline 65GS

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2010, 08:33:07 PM »
 :cheers2:
Hi Tony, welcome to the forum. It has sure came a long ways since 1977, at the Cleveland BCA national meet.
 As far as collecting Buick "junk", my wife has finally given up saying anything. Still have my first model Buick, a 1950, from Richardson Buick in Williamsport, Pa.

Al  :occasion14: :occasion14:
65 GS Conv.(flame red/ white int. orig. 401/ 4 speed.
65 GS hardtop auto.
BCA #3277

Offline Joe65SkylarkGS

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2010, 01:21:39 PM »
Hmm. Tony G??

Where in NY? I'm from Bklyn, SI now Jersey. 10 minutes from S.I.

We need to get together. I'm going to look at another 65 Lark this weekend. Let me know if you'd like to come hang? The car in in Trenton N.J. about 45 minutes from me.
Going Fast with Class
GSCA # 3741
1965 GS 4 Speed Hard Top (Under Construction)
1965 Skylark 462, 12.21@109.8
1964 Special FireBall V6, 3 on the tree 4 Sale
1987 Grand National
1987 SS Monte T-Tops 4 sale
1995 Slammed Asstro
17 in Boyd Coddington
Daily Driver

Offline option B9

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2010, 05:56:00 PM »
Hi Joe   I live on the northside of Queens near the airport.   Sorry Im booked this weekend, A kiddie party Saturday and a Buick Club board meeting on Sunday! Have you ever been to the Long Island Buick Club"s Annual all Buick
Show ? If not, You and any other members should attend. After Sunday I will have more details on this years show
   Hope to meet the local Registry members soon...   
                                                                                 Thanks
                                                                                  Tony

Offline WkillGS

• Administrator
  • Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2010, 09:06:04 AM »
Welcome Tony! Good to have you join us :occasion14:
I probably met you at Englishtown sometime over the past 25 years. I attended more events in the past than I have recently....I'm gonna try and get out more this year.

The Buick guys have a picnic scheduled on May 8th down here. Referred to as 'Yardley's Picnic'. Several LI guys make the trek, consider joining us!

Joe...DougSin is in Trenton....are you guys hooking up this weekend?
Walt K
Eastern Pa

66 GS Astro Blue/blue 425 auto
66 GS Silver Mist/black 401 4 spd
66 GS Flame Red/black 401 5 spd
66 GS Saddle Mist/black 401 L76 auto
66 Special Flame Red/black 300 5 spd
65 GS vert Verde Green/ Saddle buckets 401 4 spd
79 Turbo Regal

Offline Joe65SkylarkGS

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2010, 11:10:07 AM »
Welcome Tony! Good to have you join us :occasion14:
I probably met you at Englishtown sometime over the past 25 years. I attended more events in the past than I have recently....I'm gonna try and get out more this year.

The Buick guys have a picnic scheduled on May 8th down here. Referred to as 'Yardley's Picnic'. Several LI guys make the trek, consider joining us!

Joe...DougSin is in Trenton....are you guys hooking up this weekend?

No Walt but do you have a number I can get him at? I'd like to meet him out there.
Going Fast with Class
GSCA # 3741
1965 GS 4 Speed Hard Top (Under Construction)
1965 Skylark 462, 12.21@109.8
1964 Special FireBall V6, 3 on the tree 4 Sale
1987 Grand National
1987 SS Monte T-Tops 4 sale
1995 Slammed Asstro
17 in Boyd Coddington
Daily Driver

Offline Mark Ascher

• Administrator
  • Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2010, 12:29:29 PM »
Hi Tony,

Welcome to the forum! I joined the 65 GS registry under Mr. Shuman somewhere back in the early 90s. I still have a paper copy with everyone that was registered at that time.

Mark
65 GS HT 4 Speed - BCA Senior 2015; AACA Senior Grand National 2021
66 Impala 396/TH400/12 Bolt "Project Rodent Remediation" - Almost Done
69 Bel Air 2 Door Sedan "Project Junior Stock" - In Process
19 Chev Silverado Pickem Up (daily driver)

Offline option B9

• Crazy about Buick!
we will meet soon
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2010, 06:41:54 PM »
     Hi Mark & Walt
   I remember your names from when I had the registry, and if I wanted to contact you I would sit down and handwrite a letter to you. Times have changed. It's good to hear that some of the original members are still around
and on the internet. I'm sure all agree that Chris is doing a great job... Last year I was talking to John E and said that the registry members should meet, since I joined the registry website last week I've been reading that many of the members have already met and parts and information are being shared. Thanks go out to Chris and everyone on 65GS.com the more we share the stronger we will be...
                                                                                       Thanks
                                                                                        Tony G