Author Topic: Thanks to Loren  (Read 1656 times)

Offline schlepcar

• Crazy about Buick!
Thanks to Loren
« on: July 20, 2017, 04:48:24 PM »
I know it has taken a lot of your time to keep this site up to date and hopefully we can all pitch in to keep things going smoothly. I am always reluctant to give suggestions in fear of backfires,but you do an excellent job of keeping the site on track. My car has been a slow project and would have came along a lot slower without the help of people from 65GS.com. Hopefully the new changes will increase our members and visibility in the future. Dan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TtGQnyPZ6g       

Offline Loren At 65GS

• Administrator
  • Crazy about Buick!
  • Senior Administrator
    • 65 GS dot com
Re: Thanks to Loren
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2017, 05:56:18 PM »

Thank you Dan.

Loren
65 GS hardtop BCA Senior
 65 GS thin pillar coupe
 65 Skylark coupe v-6
 65 GS hardtop restoration project
 65 Sport Wagon
 70 GS 455 htp / original engine
 94 Roadmaster wagon
 96 Roadmaster wagon- parts car
 63 Riviera

BCA 14371
 BCA 65 Gran Sport Division

Offline cwmcobra

• Crazy about Buick!
  • The Verde Howitzer
    • Ginky Weeds Restoration Project
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2017, 05:59:10 PM »
+100!  Thanks Loren for ALL that you do!

Chuck
Steve Shuman's 1965 Skylark GS Convertible: Flame Red/401/4 BBL/Automatic - BCA Archival Preservation
1965 Skylark GS Convertible: Verde Green/401/2x4 BBL/4-speed - AACA First Grand National - AACA National Award - BHA Outstanding GS - BCA Senior Gold
1965 Shelby Cobra Replica

BCA 48497
AACA 91100

Offline Loren At 65GS

• Administrator
  • Crazy about Buick!
  • Senior Administrator
    • 65 GS dot com
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2017, 06:17:16 PM »
Thank you Chuck,

I have always enjoyed sharing encouragement, and the minimal knowledge I have.  65GS.com has become a great source for the information , encouragement and help in sourcing our very scarce parts.
   I have managed to get more then one of you in trouble in some way or another.  Either by encouraging to get a car finished or help in a 20 year restoration.  I think the best thing of all is the friendships that have come my way.

So to every one of my fellow 65GS.com members,  I thank you all.

Loren
65 GS hardtop BCA Senior
 65 GS thin pillar coupe
 65 Skylark coupe v-6
 65 Sport Wagon
 94 Roadmaster wagon
 63 Riviera

BCA 14371

Offline GS66

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2017, 06:20:04 PM »
Yes, thanks Loren! Please apply the carb and intake money toward the site.
Jim
North Mankato, MN

65 Gran Sport HT auto
66 Gran Sport Conv. 4 speed
66 Gran Sport Conv auto
66 Gran Sport Post auto
66 Gran Sport HT auto

Offline Loren At 65GS

• Administrator
  • Crazy about Buick!
  • Senior Administrator
    • 65 GS dot com
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2017, 06:29:33 PM »
Yes, thanks Loren! Please apply the carb and intake money toward the site.

Well thank you Jim !  I will do that.

Loren
65 GS hardtop BCA Senior
 65 GS thin pillar coupe
 65 Skylark coupe v-6
 65 Sport Wagon
 94 Roadmaster wagon
 63 Riviera

BCA 14371

Offline option B9

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2017, 09:31:21 PM »
Thanks Loren for doing a great job with the site. WE All appreciate your hard work ! When I took over the Registry from the Steve Shuman estate way back when I had received a card file with names & addresses, old letters from 65GS owners and some well worn photos with washed out colors. I did not know what to do with the information at hand, But I made a promise to Sandy Shuman that Steve's work will not go to waste. Now, almost 20 years later with a push of a button and a keyboard we are all connected and we have become part of the BCA. WOW !! Thanks to everyone that has asked a question or given advice and posted those great restoration photos. I'm sure Steve is smiling down upon us all. We have come a long way...   Tony
65 GS Hardtop 401 Silver, Black Vinyl top, Black interior,  
65 GS Thin Pillar coupe 401 Red on Red interior (Steve Shuman's) undergoing restoration.
65 GS Convertible 401 White, Red interior, Black top. BCA # 15317

Offline cwmcobra

• Crazy about Buick!
  • The Verde Howitzer
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2017, 09:55:02 PM »
I'm sure Steve is smiling down upon us all. We have come a long way...   Tony

Hi Tony,

Not to hijack this thread of appreciation for Loren, but as you and I share a connection to Steve Shuman, I thought I'd add to your thought about him.  I've been communicating with Steve's daughter since buying his red convertible and shared my experience of having it judged at the BCA Nationals last week and pictures from our gathering at Tony Solazzo's with our 65 GSs parked in his cul-de-sac.  A part of her response was "He would have loved to have met everyone from the registry and to have been on that cul-de-sac with those 10 GSs!". 

No doubt he would have. Now the baton of leadership of our group has been passed to Loren, who is doing an outstanding job.  And I'd like to recognize your contribution to the establishment and perpetuation of this group of 65 GS enthusiasts by managing the registry and helping to make it available as an online tool in present day.  Kudos for keeping your promise to Sandy.   :thumbsup:

Chuck
Steve Shuman's 1965 Skylark GS Convertible: Flame Red/401/4 BBL/Automatic - BCA Archival Preservation
1965 Skylark GS Convertible: Verde Green/401/2x4 BBL/4-speed - AACA First Grand National - AACA National Award - BHA Outstanding GS - BCA Senior Gold

BCA 48497
AACA 91100

Offline option B9

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2017, 07:42:36 PM »
 Chuck, Thanks for those kind words, there is a funny backstory to my first visit to the Steve Shuman GS collection  and the reason I had to pass the Registry over to John. When I can get together with you and some of the other members one day I will tell it.      Tony
65 GS Hardtop 401 Silver, Black Vinyl top, Black interior,  
65 GS Thin Pillar coupe 401 Red on Red interior (Steve Shuman's) undergoing restoration.
65 GS Convertible 401 White, Red interior, Black top. BCA # 15317

Offline cwmcobra

• Crazy about Buick!
  • The Verde Howitzer
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2017, 09:28:43 PM »
Sounds good Tony.  I'll look forward to it.  Wouldn't it be great to get those cars together again?

Chuck

BCA 48497
AACA 91100

Offline Barb69

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2017, 07:46:32 AM »
Thanks, to all of you for your advise. Dusty would not be where he is at with out your advise.

kicking Dust