Author Topic: profile  (Read 1255 times)

Offline 425BUICK

• Buick Fan
« on: July 17, 2017, 10:35:09 AM »
I am a newbie although I thought I had registered several years ago and forgot about it.  My problem is there appears to be two of us sharing the same profile.  How do I contact a moderator to straighten this out?
Tom Burgeson
1964 Skylark Convert (GS Wannabe)
As of 5/12/17, the wannabe has morphed into a genuine GS phantom.

Offline Loren At 65GS

• Administrator
  • Crazy about Buick!
  • Senior Administrator
    • 65 GS dot com
Re: profile
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2017, 11:31:26 AM »
Hi Tom,

Just one 425BUICK user and it is you, Tom.
I looked at the members section and it shows that you originally registered June 16,2013.  If you tried to register again, you would get a message that your user name is already in existence.

Looks like you are good to go,

Loren
65 GS hardtop BCA Senior
 65 GS thin pillar coupe
 65 Skylark coupe v-6
 65 GS hardtop restoration project
 65 Sport Wagon
 70 GS 455 htp / original engine
 94 Roadmaster wagon
 96 Roadmaster wagon- parts car
 63 Riviera

BCA 14371
 BCA 65 Gran Sport Division

Offline cwmcobra

• Crazy about Buick!
  • The Verde Howitzer
    • Ginky Weeds Restoration Project
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2017, 08:29:46 PM »
Welcome Tom!  Tell us about your classic Buicks, please.  And you get extra credit for pictures!

:cheers2:

Chuck
Steve Shuman's 1965 Skylark GS Convertible: Flame Red/401/4 BBL/Automatic - BCA Archival Preservation
1965 Skylark GS Convertible: Verde Green/401/2x4 BBL/4-speed - AACA First Grand National - AACA National Award - BHA Outstanding GS - BCA Senior Gold
1965 Shelby Cobra Replica

BCA 48497
AACA 91100

Offline mdkd

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2017, 07:20:54 AM »
Tom

As a long time fixture in the local world of Nailheads I'm really glad to see you join in the fun.

I can hardly wait to see how your convert is coming along.

Do you still have your Nailhead Roadster.

Pictures if ya got um.

Milton
65 White GS HT My Pride & Joy
31 in Registry 2022 BCA Gold
65 Red White GS Convert 99 in Registry
SOLD to a good home in Ohio
65 Black GS HT - SOLD to a good home local
Several 64-65 non GS HT & Convert Sold
64 Special 4dr parents bought new not 4 sale

Offline 425BUICK

• Buick Fan
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2017, 12:28:48 PM »
Thanks for the research.  Funny thing is, the website would not accept my user name and password until I re-registered.  Then I notice I had been on the site about a month ago announcing the GS-ing of my '64.  Still confused but it doesn't make any difference.  The picture on my profile is not my car, however.  I don't know where that came from but that's what made me think I was sharing the site with someone else.  I still have my old T bucket with the '65 Super Wildcat engine.It's been 40 years with no problems.  Replaced the factory stuff a couple years ago with new, shiny 2x4 and dress up stuff along with some Tom T roller rockers and dialed in my camshaft after 40 years of ignoring that the engine wouldn't rev.  Sure does now.  long story.  Later.  The '64 got a '64 Rivy 425 this spring with all GS mounts, manifolds, etc, and a '64 ST400 tranny.  Boy, that's a nice combo.  Wish I had done it 10 years ago.  I am having a '65 tranny built for it.  '64's were unique and not as buildable as a later one.  The '64 tranny is for sale, It has only a couple thousand miles on it since rebuilt.  Works perfect.  Coded for a floor shift and Super WC motor.  I also have a '64 Wildcat console. Anyone interested? More later inc. pictures.
Tom Burgeson

Offline Mark Ascher

• Administrator
  • Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2017, 12:47:12 PM »
Hi Tom!

We chatted for awhile at the GM show. Your bucket T is one of my faves.
Welcome to the site.

Mark
65 GS HT 4 Speed - BCA Senior 2015; AACA Senior Grand National 2021
66 Impala 396/TH400/12 Bolt "Project Rodent Remediation" - Almost Done
69 Bel Air 2 Door Sedan "Project Junior Stock" - In Process
19 Chev Silverado Pickem Up (daily driver)

Offline 425BUICK

• Buick Fan
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2017, 11:26:05 AM »
I seem to have difficulty attaching files.  Shouldn't be rocket science.  What am i missing here?
Tom Burgeson

Offline dsags

• Administrator
  • Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2017, 11:51:55 AM »
I seem to have difficulty attaching files.  Shouldn't be rocket science.  What am i missing here?

By 'files', do you mean pictures ? If so, click Additional Options below the input box then click Choose File.

Dan
1965 Special Convertible, L33 LS, 4L60

Offline Loren At 65GS

• Administrator
  • Crazy about Buick!
  • Senior Administrator
    • 65 GS dot com
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2017, 11:59:20 AM »
What are you trying to attach files to?
If it is pictures to a post, there is a maximum size allowed, 640x480 or 600x800 will work.
 There is a program that will resize the pictures for you. Here is a link to the posting and the program : http://65gs.com/board/index.php?topic=109.0

I have the program sitting on my computer desktop.  Then I can copy a picture, paste it to my desktop and then drag and drop the picture into the resizing program.

Loren
« Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 06:57:43 AM by Loren At 65GS »
65 GS hardtop BCA Senior
 65 GS thin pillar coupe
 65 Skylark coupe v-6
 65 GS hardtop restoration project
 65 Sport Wagon
 70 GS 455 htp / original engine
 94 Roadmaster wagon
 96 Roadmaster wagon- parts car
 63 Riviera

BCA 14371
 BCA 65 Gran Sport Division

Offline TrunkMonkey

• Administrator
  • Crazy about Buick!
  • BUICK. Where the rubber meets the road...
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2017, 02:05:36 PM »
...  Then I notice I had been on the site about a month ago announcing the GS-ing of my '64.  ...

Ooohhh..... I am finishing up my 1964 Frankenlark Pervertable wannabe GS prototype. (in other words, it's a bastard)

Snatched the tired old 300 2bbl/ST300 and stuffed a 401 2x4/T10 wide ratio and a Strange 3.54.
While I was at it, I replaced all the suspension, brakes and spiffed up anything I could.

Military, life and children kept me away for 35 years from playing with cars, so, I figured I'd jump in with both feet.

It has been "different" than it used to be, all things considered.

So, I might throw some questions as I get this to completion.

Loren was a Mensch and did my engine, front end and some other modded harness work, and Dennis Wheeler "Wheelz" and a few other folks have helped me locat a few parts I needed.
Michael

The first 60 years were spent on surviving. The second 60 are gonna be spent on fun!

Offline 425BUICK

• Buick Fan
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2017, 10:32:15 PM »
Dan, I don't know what you are talking about.  I hit 'reply' and the word box comes up (I am writing in it).  Below it is a clickable line that says 'attachments and other options'.  Click on that and a 'browse' box pops up.  I can put the attachments there but beyond that there is really no way to activate the pics I have selected. That's where I am stymied.  Help!
Tom Burgeson

Offline TrunkMonkey

• Administrator
  • Crazy about Buick!
  • BUICK. Where the rubber meets the road...
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2017, 10:51:26 PM »
If you have third party hosting for images, such as Imgur or others (forget Photobucket), then copy and paste the link in between [img}http://post link here [/img} tags.

This will put the image directly in the post. (see image in bottom)

The tags use the left and right [ bracket  (had to use a brace in the example so it "shows" in this post)

Or click on the link on the left, second row of the post editor.

Hope that helps.

« Last Edit: August 08, 2017, 10:53:16 PM by TrunkMonkey »
Michael

The first 60 years were spent on surviving. The second 60 are gonna be spent on fun!

Offline dsags

• Administrator
  • Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2017, 06:36:23 AM »

Just add picture, being careful of its size, the way you mentioned and then hit post the way you normally post something. It can take a bit. Here's my Bamboo Cream car.

Dan
« Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 06:38:07 AM by dsags »
1965 Special Convertible, L33 LS, 4L60

Offline elagache

• Crazy about Buick!
  • Caretaker of one assertive "billy-goat" wagon
Photos won't show up until you post message (Re: profile)
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2017, 11:10:57 AM »
Dear 425, Michael, Dan, and mid-60s Buick owners coping with dubious Internet technology,

Dan, I don't know what you are talking about.  I hit 'reply' and the word box comes up (I am writing in it).  Below it is a clickable line that says 'attachments and other options'.  Click on that and a 'browse' box pops up.  I can put the attachments there but beyond that there is really no way to activate the pics I have selected. That's where I am stymied.  Help!

Have you ever tried posting the message after putting the attachment?  The forum software won't display the picture until after you have completed your message and clicked on the Post button.  It could be that you had done everything correctly, but didn't complete the final necessary step.

Cheers, Edouard

Offline 425BUICK

• Buick Fan
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2017, 01:42:06 PM »
OK, I'm feeling like a real dumb shit right now.  I caught on to the 'post' before you see the pictures.  Too bad 'preview' doesn't allow them to be seen.  Anyhow, my files are too big so I tried the resize site that Loren referred to, put a picture in their box, dialed in the number, ..... and then what?  How do I get it from there to here?  The directions are non existent.   I am frustrated. Sounds so simple.  I know I'm an old fart but Geez, I can't be that dumb!  I hope.
Tom Burgeson