Author Topic: Rear seatbelt location for my 65 GS project.  (Read 466 times)

Offline option B9

• Crazy about Buick!
Rear seatbelt location for my 65 GS project.
« on: July 08, 2017, 08:35:37 PM »
     My 65 GS project is moving along, I  finished welding the floor last week, gave it several coats of primer a two coats of paint. But before I can call this part of the project done I want to install 3 sets of seatbelts in the rear so my triplet boys (moe , larry & curley) can ride with me. does anyone have a factory diagram on where to drill the holes in the rear sheet metal. I had a 64 assembly manual years ago but gave it to a BCA member that needed it more than I did, and I know that there was a page that showed the drilling locations. I was looking at the area real good today and noticed there are six dimples in the sheet metal  !! is this the location? I want to do it right the first time because I have to do the other two 65s also, any advice would be appreciated.

Tony.

65 GS Hardtop 401 Silver, Black Vinyl top, Black interior,  
65 GS Thin Pillar coupe 401 Red on Red interior (Steve Shuman's) undergoing restoration.
65 GS Convertible 401 White, Red interior, Black top. BCA # 15317

Offline Loren At 65GS

• Administrator
  • Crazy about Buick!
  • Senior Administrator
    • 65 GS dot com
Re: Rear seatbelt location for my 65 GS project.
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2017, 07:16:30 PM »
Tony,

Those are the spots to mount the pieces that go on the bottom side for the belts to be bolted to.
Here is a source for those plates:
http://www.seatbeltsplus.com/product/CA-53.html

Loren
65 GS hardtop BCA Senior
 65 GS thin pillar coupe
 65 Skylark coupe v-6
 65 GS hardtop restoration project
 65 Sport Wagon
 70 GS 455 htp / original engine
 94 Roadmaster wagon
 96 Roadmaster wagon- parts car
 63 Riviera

BCA 14371
 BCA 65 Gran Sport Division

Offline option B9

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2017, 07:40:04 PM »
   Thanks Loren, Ok so those dimples are the drill points !! After I painted it with the second coat of gloss gray I could see those dimples in the sheet metal. I ordered red seat belts years ago from JC Whitney, I will have to look inside the box to see if there is any mounting hardware. If not I will order from SeatBeltsPlus.com I just looked at the website and they would have everything I need to keep the Boys safe.

Thanks
                                                                                   Tony
65 GS Thin Pillar coupe 401 Red on Red interior (Steve Shuman's) undergoing restoration.

Offline GS66

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2017, 07:48:31 PM »
Good for you Tony! We added long seat belts to the back seat too so we can fit the grandkids and car seats properly. They love riding in the '65.
Jim
North Mankato, MN

65 Gran Sport HT auto
66 Gran Sport Conv. 4 speed
66 Gran Sport Conv auto
66 Gran Sport Post auto
66 Gran Sport HT auto

Offline option B9

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2017, 08:38:53 PM »
  Thanks Jim, The Boys will be 13 next year, so they want to start riding in the Buicks with me not in the van,  I don't mind as long as everyone is safe. our children & grandchildren are the future of the hobby, we must get them out and experience our Buicks (GS or not) at an early age so we may have a chance.
    As cities and towns get crowded there is less space for cars .Young people depend on mass transit to get around. Here in the big city young folks don't get excited about turning 17 and getting a drivers license, they rather take a bus or train. we have a whole generation out here that don't drive on a daily basis, if they need a car for the weekend they rent one ! My Daughter goes every ware with the transit system and very rarely asks me for a ride... this is what we are up against !! plus the cost of renting garage space if you don't have enough space to keep all of your prized Buicks garaged on your property....

Tony