Author Topic: Interested in four speed drivetrain?  (Read 350 times)

Offline kcombs

• Crazy about Buick!
Interested in four speed drivetrain?
« on: June 10, 2017, 05:55:52 PM »
I have a 1965 GS four speed complete drivetrain with an El Camino body on it. If I can sell the GS drivetrain and parts to someone who will come get it, I will remove the El Camino body. Here is what I have I would be willing to sell in option one.

Complete GS four speed frame, correct transmission, rear end with added sway bar, running stock 401 that has had a valve job with chrome valve covers, converted to disc brakes, all new steering, pretty much everything left after lifting the body off the frame. I start the 401 and drive car in and out of garage. Transmission needs to be rebuilt. Correct floor hump for shifter. Correct shifter, glove box door with GS emblem, finger guard for fan (not A/C), GS battery tray with brackets, non-tilt steering column for floor shifter, fender ports (ventiports?), spare throw out bearing, air cleaner for AFB off of a 64 Riviera, nice radiator. I think I have everything to create a tribute four speed GS with the exception of GS chrome emblems, trim under rear window and floor console. I also have most of the sheet metal needed to repair a two door body.

Option two:

Everything above and ten years of Ebay purchases: 1965 Shorty wagon, mostly complete with three on the tree. Engine needs to be rebuilt. It is a major project or parts car. I have a NOS driver's side quarter panel for the wagon plus a nice passenger's side patch panel, nice rear bumper (maybe two) nice front bumper. Really nice tail lights and front parking lights. Two door sedan with lots of rust and a running V6, automatic, engine is cracked. Needs to be completely rebuilt or for parts. Two nice two door sedan doors. Metal dash panel, spare V6 (225 out of a Jeep), LX 425 block, crank, and pistons (no heads), Mostly complete 401 out of a GS, correct four speed carb in nice condition to rebuild, Finned valve covers, spare four speed GS bell housing and flywheel. At least one set of stock headers for the GS and an oil pan that was patched but would work for a driver. Nice rear clip off of a 65 Skylark four door. Trunk lid and patch panel for under back window of a two door hardtop. This is all I can think of while sitting in my living room,but there is more.

If you are interested in coming to Lake County, CA to purchase the above items (at a price I have not determined, but I will if someone will make the drive) please let me know and I will spend the time to do the inventory and come up with a price for either option, the best deal will be to purchase all as a complete package. If no one will make the drive I will sell in pieces at a later date. Please do not ask me to sell individual pieces at this time.
Kurt
65 Bucamino
65 two door post (parts?)
65 Special wagon

Offline sjfd04

• Crazy about Buick!
Re: Interested in four speed drivetrain?
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2017, 02:27:33 PM »
Any photos or price?
65 GS 4-Speed Hardtop
2017 Chevy Silverado HD 2500
1970 1/2 Camaro Z-28 4-speed

Offline kcombs

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2017, 02:45:05 PM »
Option one, or option two?
Kurt
65 Bucamino
65 Special wagon

Offline kcombs

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2017, 02:52:44 PM »
And, are you interested in 1965 El Camino and parts?
Kurt
65 Bucamino
65 Special wagon

Offline sjfd04

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2017, 03:19:17 PM »
GS drivetrain only
65 GS 4-Speed Hardtop
2017 Chevy Silverado HD 2500
1970 1/2 Camaro Z-28 4-speed

Offline kcombs

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2017, 09:35:32 AM »
I will look at my projects today and will most likely be removing the El Camino body and putting it on an El Camino frame (off work for a few weeks). Then I will post pictures and prices for Buick parts.
Kurt
65 Bucamino
65 Special wagon