Author Topic: WTT, NOS 1965 GS Trunk emblem for GS Quarter Panel/Sail Panel Emblem  (Read 602 times)

Offline Special37

• Buick Fan
Hi, 

I am looking to trade an NOS 1965 Gran Sport trunk emblem for an NOS 1965 Gran Sport sail panel emblem/quarter panel emblem.  Not interested in selling the trunk emblem outright just trading. 

Keith
Keith

Offline WkillGS

• Administrator
  • Crazy about Buick!
These are reproduced, if that will do.
Walt K
Eastern Pa

66 GS Astro Blue/blue 425 auto
66 GS Silver Mist/black 401 4 spd
66 GS Flame Red/black 401 5 spd
66 GS Saddle Mist/black 401 L76 auto
66 Special Flame Red/black 300 5 spd
65 GS vert Verde Green/ Saddle buckets 401 4 spd
79 Turbo Regal

Offline Mark Ascher

• Administrator
  • Crazy about Buick!
Hi Keith,

Welcome to the 65 forum. What kind of project do you have going on?
I might be able to help you, but I need to know more first....

:read2:

Mark
65 GS HT 4 Speed - BCA Senior 2015; AACA Senior Grand National 2021
66 Impala 396/TH400/12 Bolt "Project Rodent Remediation" - Almost Done
69 Bel Air 2 Door Sedan "Project Junior Stock" - In Process
19 Chev Silverado Pickem Up (daily driver)

Offline Special37

• Buick Fan
I know that there are reproductions available, I just wanted an original.

Keith
Keith

Offline Special37

• Buick Fan
I have been a member of this forum for a few years, I have just not ever gotten around to posting anything.  I have a 1965 GS hardtop, Bamboo Creme with black interior that I bought in 1986.   I also have a  1964 Skylark convertible factory 4-speed, silver with black interior.  Both cars are restored.  Right now I am working on a 1965 GS convertible and that is what I am looking for the parts for. 

I don't really need a lot for the convertible just a few things.  I also am looking to change the colors, its white with brown interior.  I need a blue console and a blue dash pad.  I see that they are reproducing the dash pads but need a core.  my brown pad is perfect.   btw, Just Dashes also redoes the dash pad for 1965.

Keith
Keith

Offline dsags

• Administrator
  • Crazy about Buick!
I have been a member of this forum for a few years, I have just not ever gotten around to posting anything.  I have a 1965 GS hardtop, Bamboo Creme with black interior that I bought in 1986.   I also have a  1964 Skylark convertible factory 4-speed, silver with black interior.  Both cars are restored.  Right now I am working on a 1965 GS convertible and that is what I am looking for the parts for. 

I don't really need a lot for the convertible just a few things.  I also am looking to change the colors, its white with brown interior.  I need a blue console and a blue dash pad.  I see that they are reproducing the dash pads but need a core.  my brown pad is perfect.   btw, Just Dashes also redoes the dash pad for 1965.

Keith

Welcome Keith. Are you located in the Pacific NW ?

Loren Alexander will have a dash pad for you in the near future as he is having some 'spares' made up. He may even have the console you are looking for. Do you mind dyeing the dash pad and painting the console or do you want originals ?

Just Dashes dash pads cost quite a bit more than the ones offered here and not sure their grain is correct.

Remember we always like pictures of members cars.

Dan
1965 Special Convertible, L33 LS, 4L60

Offline cwmcobra

• Crazy about Buick!
  • The Verde Howitzer
    • Ginky Weeds Restoration Project
Glad to have you aboard and active in the Forum, Keith.  I second Dan's request for pictures!   :thumbsup:

:cheers2:

Chuck
Steve Shuman's 1965 Skylark GS Convertible: Flame Red/401/4 BBL/Automatic - BCA Archival Preservation
1965 Skylark GS Convertible: Verde Green/401/2x4 BBL/4-speed - AACA First Grand National - AACA National Award - BHA Outstanding GS - BCA Senior Gold
1965 Shelby Cobra Replica

BCA 48497
AACA 91100

Offline Special37

• Buick Fan
Hi Dan, yes I am in the Pacific NW.   You and I have corresponded in the past on parts, I may have even  sold you something.   I don't remember.  There may be a picture of my GS hardtop on the site already, I will try to get something posted later.   Now that it's not raining I can get the cars out.

I know I can paint them but would like to find original parts.   Years ago I had the correct blue parts but sold them thinking I would never need them.    Oh well.

Keith
Keith

Offline elagache

• Crazy about Buick!
  • Caretaker of one assertive "billy-goat" wagon
Welcome!! (Re: WTT, NOS 1965 GS Trunk emblem)
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2017, 10:52:54 AM »
Dear Keith, Dan, Chuck, and mid-60s Buick fans,

I have been a member of this forum for a few years, I have just not ever gotten around to posting anything.

Well a belated welcome to 65GS.com!!

Cheers, Edouard  :occasion14:

Offline 66nailhead

• Crazy about Buick!
WTT, NOS 1965 GS Trunk emblem for GS Quarter Panel/Sail Panel Emblem
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2017, 11:26:13 AM »
Hey Keith. Dan Harper here. We have emblems if ya want some. We don't have nos ones though. Let us know if ya want a trunk lid one. My brother has that extra decklid to. That you guys were talking about

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dan Harper

66 buick gs hardtop.  401/st400
66 buick gs convertible. 401/st300. Original Verde green with 70,000 miles
66 buick special 2dr post. 340/st400.
66 buick special wagon

Offline Mark Ascher

• Administrator
  • Crazy about Buick!
Re: WTT, NOS 1965 GS Trunk emblem for GS Quarter Panel/Sail Panel Emblem
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2017, 11:31:17 AM »
Keith,

PM sent.

Mark
65 GS HT 4 Speed - BCA Senior 2015; AACA Senior Grand National 2021
66 Impala 396/TH400/12 Bolt "Project Rodent Remediation" - Almost Done
69 Bel Air 2 Door Sedan "Project Junior Stock" - In Process
19 Chev Silverado Pickem Up (daily driver)