Author Topic: E brake cable reproduction set  (Read 571 times)

Offline gs spoken here

• Crazy about Buick!
E brake cable reproduction set
« on: February 05, 2017, 11:22:29 AM »
Anyone bought a set that looks somewhat correct and fit. I see Inland Tube has sets. From my books, looks like 65/6 Skylark and GS with either T300 or manual are the same for all three cables. Thanks Bill.

Offline Mark Ascher

• Administrator
  • Crazy about Buick!
Re: E brake cable reproduction set
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2017, 12:06:14 PM »
Bill,

I bought the e-brake cables from Inline. Rear cables and front cable were good. The intermediate cable was a bit too long.
Needs to be 3-4 inches shorter IIRC.

Mark
65 GS HT 4 Speed - BCA Senior 2015; AACA Senior Grand National 2021
66 Impala 396/TH400/12 Bolt "Project Rodent Remediation" - Almost Done
69 Bel Air 2 Door Sedan "Project Junior Stock" - In Process
19 Chev Silverado Pickem Up (daily driver)

Offline gs spoken here

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2017, 03:22:10 PM »
Bought the inland Tube set and all three cables seem to match the originals, for looks and length. I am having trouble with the install of the front cable because the inner fender is in the car. May have to take it out to get cable in.

Offline gs spoken here

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2017, 09:37:23 PM »
Well two steps forward and one back. Had to take the inner fender out to put the front E brake cable in. Well that is done, and the inner fender is back in just need to adjust the bottom of the fender and install the battery tray and I am back to where I was.

As I said the new cables are the same length as the old one's and look almost like the old ones. If you want to go the extra mile to make the rear ones look a little more OE, then remove the rubber seal back by the backing plate and re install it on the new ones. It should slide back, but I found best to cut the thin washer and use a 9/16 box wrench over the insert prongs and pull the rubber and wrench off. Clean it up and with a little rubber lube or grease they will slide on over the forward part of the cable and over the rubber protector, and fit and look OEM, see pictures.