Author Topic: Can't open my messages.  (Read 1348 times)

Offline cwmcobra

• Crazy about Buick!
  • The Verde Howitzer
    • Ginky Weeds Restoration Project
Re: Can't open my messages.
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2017, 09:27:14 AM »
Now I'm logged in as "Guest".  No matter how many times I try to log in with the correct credentials, I'm still a Guest. 

At least we have a hospitable Forum!   :dontknow:

Chuck
Steve Shuman's 1965 Skylark GS Convertible: Flame Red/401/4 BBL/Automatic - BCA Archival Preservation
1965 Skylark GS Convertible: Verde Green/401/2x4 BBL/4-speed - AACA First Grand National - AACA National Award - BHA Outstanding GS - BCA Senior Gold
1965 Shelby Cobra Replica

BCA 48497
AACA 91100

Offline schlepcar

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2017, 11:34:18 AM »
We are obviously the target of a multi-jurisdictional task force that maintains national and international oversight on the direct or indirect reproduction of previously unreproduced dash pads. Maybe we should split up.

Offline WkillGS

• Administrator
  • Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2017, 12:39:19 PM »
Loren, let's keep a close watch for new members signing up.....or maybe put a hold on them until this gets cleared up.
Apparently some of us are able to access each others personal messages.  That could be a security risk if 'foreign agents' or whatever can find info like our phone numbers, e-mail, addresses, paypal account names, etc in the messages we're sent to our friends here.
Walt K
Eastern Pa

66 GS Astro Blue/blue 425 auto
66 GS Silver Mist/black 401 4 spd
66 GS Flame Red/black 401 5 spd
66 GS Saddle Mist/black 401 L76 auto
66 Special Flame Red/black 300 5 spd
65 GS vert Verde Green/ Saddle buckets 401 4 spd
79 Turbo Regal

Offline Barb69

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2017, 03:39:42 PM »
Hi guys, a few days ago I started to receive email notifications of new updates. I have not open any of them. Then when I would go to our site there was a guy with a Dodge Truck. I would never own a Dodge so I wonder if I signed in a different site by accident. Well this guy pops in on our site on my feed.  I will continue logging on our site. I hope we can figure out the problem.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Offline Rollaround

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2017, 06:55:30 PM »
 :overthetop: :overthetop: :overthetop: :overthetop:

We are obviously the target of a multi-jurisdictional task force that maintains national and international oversight on the direct or indirect reproduction of previously unreproduced dash pads. Maybe we should split up.

What he said!
Kevin
Northwest Ohio
Working the endless restroation.

Offline Mister T

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2017, 09:41:16 PM »
Hi guys, a few days ago I started to receive email notifications of new updates. I have not open any of them. Then when I would go to our site there was a guy with a Dodge Truck. I would never own a Dodge so I wonder if I signed in a different site by accident. Well this guy pops in on our site on my feed.  I will continue logging on our site. I hope we can figure out the problem.

I wonder if that's the same sriley531 from V8 Buick? If so, he's definitely a Buick guy, but I think he has a Dodge truck as a daily driver.
Tom B

Currently bereft of Buicks.

Offline Rollaround

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2017, 12:10:05 PM »
I've been multiple different folks but there's good news.  I have done deep sweeps of two computers with no sign of malware, infection, or bugs. 
But it is strange.  I can sign in, then I can't, I'm me, then I'm someone else. I think it's North Korea trying to check their missile codes. 
Kevin
Northwest Ohio
Working the endless restroation.

Offline dsags

• Administrator
  • Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2017, 04:54:34 PM »
I've been multiple different folks but there's good news.  I have done deep sweeps of two computers with no sign of malware, infection, or bugs. 
But it is strange.  I can sign in, then I can't, I'm me, then I'm someone else. I think it's North Korea trying to check their missile codes.

Kind of fun being multiple people - unless you're Loren or Roxy.

Still think it's Vlad and them Rooskies.
1965 Special Convertible, L33 LS, 4L60

Offline cwmcobra

• Crazy about Buick!
  • The Verde Howitzer
    • Ginky Weeds Restoration Project
« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2017, 06:10:02 AM »
This morning, the forum recognizes me and no matter where I navigate to, I seem to no longer be other forum members.  Woohoo!  Must be Loren has been at work behind the scenes.   :hello2:

I hope this is not a temporary situation, but for now I'm encouraged!   Hope you all have the same experience.....

:cheers2:

Chuck

Steve Shuman's 1965 Skylark GS Convertible: Flame Red/401/4 BBL/Automatic - BCA Archival Preservation
1965 Skylark GS Convertible: Verde Green/401/2x4 BBL/4-speed - AACA First Grand National - AACA National Award - BHA Outstanding GS - BCA Senior Gold
1965 Shelby Cobra Replica

BCA 48497
AACA 91100

Offline elagache

• Crazy about Buick!
  • Caretaker of one assertive "billy-goat" wagon
Still some issuez . . . (Re: Can't open my messages.)
« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2017, 11:01:33 AM »
Dear Chuck and mid-60s Buick owners who cannot live with the Internet and cannot live without it,

I was still getting the appearance of logging in and appearing to be some other user until I cleared my browser cache as well as deleting the cookies related to 65GS.com.  This morning the site appeared to "remember me," but then insisted that log in after all.  It does appear that there still some issues to be straightened out.

Once everything settles down, I suggest that everyone change their password.  Also, if you use the same password for other forums, you should change those passwords and keep them different so that if one forum is compromised, people cannot quickly get access you stuff on another forum.

Such are the conditions that prevail on a most imperfect Internet . . . .

Oh well, . . . . . Edouard

Offline RoxyJoy

• Buick Fan
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2017, 11:20:08 AM »

Barb69, in looking at the Tapatalk forum this appears to be an issue with your settings.  If it was an issue with our forum everyone would be getting these emails.  Here is what I found in the Tapatalk forums from other people that are getting what seems to be random notifications.

In Tapatalk :
Settings :
Push Notifications :
Make sure 'site notifications' is on disable; and 'Tapatalk Notifications' -recommended forums is turned off; -Daily Picks is turned off.

Then on your phone:
Go into your settings app:
go into Notifications:
find tapatalk:
Make sure the 'Allow Notifications' is turned off.

Hope this helps you out.

Offline Barb69

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2017, 11:51:01 AM »

Barb69, in looking at the Tapatalk forum this appears to be an issue with your settings.  If it was an issue with our forum everyone would be getting these emails.  Here is what I found in the Tapatalk forums from other people that are getting what seems to be random notifications.

In Tapatalk :
Settings :
Push Notifications :
Make sure 'site notifications' is on disable; and 'Tapatalk Notifications' -recommended forums is turned off; -Daily Picks is turned off.

Then on your phone:
Go into your settings app:
go into Notifications:
find tapatalk:
Make sure the 'Allow Notifications' is turned off.

Hope this helps you out.
Thank you.