Author Topic: Buyer feedback  (Read 436 times)

Offline option B9

• Crazy about Buick!
Buyer feedback
« on: September 02, 2017, 08:29:56 PM »
  Hi everyone, just thought I would share two good experiences I had with buying some parts for my never ending rebuilding of the Red Thin Pillar (Steve Shuman) Coupe. I was in need of a heater box so I contacted (DVAP) Desert Valley Auto Parts in Arizona. Talked to Dan, told him what I needed and he got back to me several days later, he sent me a photo of the part then I gave him the OK to ship. Five days later I had the part. Very light surface rust that I can remove in the blast cabinet but otherwise it was in very good condition, they even sent the control cables.
   I'm rebuilding both doors starting with the drivers door. When I removed the glass the bottom channel fell apart, it was rusted out. I went to my local Locksmith/Glass shop and they told me to order a new one from DK Hardware in Hallendale Beach FL. (dkhardware.com) they are suppliers to the glazing industry they stock more than 50,000 products. I ordered Two universal bottom channels 48" long enough for both doors. I ordered it on Friday afternoon and it arrived the next Wednesday. I welded it to the track and my glazier is going to pack the window on to the channel, then they will wait for me to finish welding the door and then  will assemble the window and vent window. I was going to rebuild the vent windows myself but decided to send it out so I can focus on completing the welding and get this project moving along so I can get it in for paint then have the fun of putting it all back together and getting it on the road and enjoy it. 
65 GS Hardtop 401 Silver, Black Vinyl top, Black interior,  
65 GS Thin Pillar coupe 401 Red on Red interior (Steve Shuman's) undergoing restoration.
65 GS Convertible 401 White, Red interior, Black top. BCA # 15317

Offline elagache

• Crazy about Buick!
  • Caretaker of one assertive "billy-goat" wagon
Thanks for the references! (Re: Buyer feedback)
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2017, 09:31:38 PM »
Dear Tony and mid-60s Buick parts hounds,

Thanks for da' pointers! :icon_thumright:

I already knew about Desert Valley Auto Parts but wasn't aware of DK Hardware so I added them to my copious collection of bookmarks.  DK Hardware looks like the sort of place that might also be handy if you have aspirations for a vintage travel trailer!

Cheers, Edouard  :occasion14:

Offline cwmcobra

• Crazy about Buick!
  • The Verde Howitzer
    • Ginky Weeds Restoration Project
Re: Buyer feedback
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2017, 06:28:16 AM »
Good tips Tony.  Thanks for sharing!

Chuck
Steve Shuman's 1965 Skylark GS Convertible: Flame Red/401/4 BBL/Automatic - BCA Archival Preservation
1965 Skylark GS Convertible: Verde Green/401/2x4 BBL/4-speed - AACA First Grand National - AACA National Award - BHA Outstanding GS - BCA Senior Gold
1965 Shelby Cobra Replica

BCA 48497
AACA 91100