Author Topic: 65 Gran Sport on VELOCITY TV??? ALL GIRLS GARAGE??? WHAAAAAAT?  (Read 1430 times)

Offline GS66

• Crazy about Buick!
Re: 65 Gran Sport on VELOCITY TV??? ALL GIRLS GARAGE??? WHAAAAAAT?
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2017, 03:22:19 PM »
Cool , ride  :icon_salut: .

Just bought one frame off restored myself .
Up to three right now

Congrats! We always like pictures!!👍
Jim
North Mankato, MN

65 Gran Sport HT auto
66 Gran Sport Conv. 4 speed
66 Gran Sport Conv auto
66 Gran Sport Post auto
66 Gran Sport HT auto

Offline JimL65

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2017, 04:00:30 PM »
Wheelz,

Do the girls really get there hands that greasy???
1965 Buick Skylark Sport coupe (in loving memory of her)
1965 Gran Sport convertible (mine)

Motor Trend remarked that its 12.3 mpg in city driving was "not bad at all." and a lot of FUN!!!
"Fast with Class"

Offline Buicknut65

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2017, 05:03:45 PM »
Here's a couple gotta put few things back on he took off when covered and stored .

Offline option B9

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2017, 07:32:04 PM »
    Hi everyone,  Here in NYC it was on at 1130am Eastern standard time. My 3 boys watched it with me ! It was great seeing a 65 GS on the show. :thumbsup:  Anyone know where we can get a puller like the one she used to remove the control arm bushings ? I would like to get one..

Tony
65 GS Hardtop 401 Silver, Black Vinyl top, Black interior,  
65 GS Thin Pillar coupe 401 Red on Red interior (Steve Shuman's) undergoing restoration.
65 GS Convertible 401 White, Red interior, Black top. BCA # 15317

Offline jmos4

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2017, 09:47:27 PM »
Hi all,

Cool to see one on the tube, anyone know where to get the rear exhaust system hangers they used,  I looked on OPGI but couldn't find them, as they would be perfect for a system I am currently laying out for my Olds.

Also intersted in the control arm bushing tool.

Only issue with the show is how did they get the front drum on after they installed ther front hubs. I know its tv but made me cringe, but cool to see it on there.

Regards,
Jim

1965 Skylark post car (65 GS frame 401/4-speed, 2x4's)
1964 Skylark (future 430 stick)
1965 Special 4 door 300 4speed
1964 Special 2 door (future, GS 401 3 speed stick)

Offline gs spoken here

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2017, 10:23:22 PM »
Interesting that the center link and idler was good and the rest bad. Exhaust, did not show the hook up to the GS manifolds, and the tail pipes look like 67 Chev. Did they replace the upper rear control arm bushing, or did I miss these things. Very cool to see the GS on TV.

Offline wheelz

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2017, 09:16:27 PM »
Guys, I've been WAYYWAAY too busy lately.  I will try to answer some of your thots...
YES, all the "ladies" get dirty, HOWEVER, BOGI is the one who aint skeer'd and totally JUMPS RIGHT IN with both hands..... 
The car sounded great with the OPGI donated FLOWMASTER Stainless 2.5" exhaust system. The only thing I didnt really care for was the way the pipes dumped behind the rear tires... that look stole some of the originality appearance.
You may wanna look into FLOWMASTER website for those cool HANGERS...
The "ladies" did NOT replace the upper control arm bushings. I really wish they would have, since they had the car dismantled at that point!   :violent1:
The bushing 'puller' was NOT a 'single designed kit' so-to-speak. They caniblized one part from one kit and another part from another kit. Christylee kinda explained that as she was narrating that part of the show.
All-in-all, it was a blast hanging out at the studio with the ALL GIRLS cast and the guys behind the scenes doing some of the 'grunt work' before live cameras were rolling.
It was fun!   :headbang:

Wheelz, Tampa Bay

Wheelz, Tampa Bay

Offline wheelz

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2017, 09:25:20 PM »
...and speaking of AGG show, does anyone have any idea of HOW to transfer a DVR vid of this episode, onto a DVD or thumbdrive so I can have a copy to include with my 65 GS history binder???
I have been told it cant be done .. . so if one of you knows how to do this, I would gladly pay you Tuesday for a h a  m   b...well you get the idea!!

I am a total technickillogically challenged degenerate who would love to have a copy.  :tongue3:

HELP?   :dontknow:

Wheelz, Tampa Bay

Wheelz, Tampa Bay

Offline WkillGS

• Administrator
  • Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2017, 10:47:19 PM »
....... does anyone have any idea of HOW to transfer a DVR vid of this episode, onto a DVD or thumbdrive ......

I don't know offhand but might be able to find out.
What did you record it on? Is it something like an old Panasonic DVD recorder hooked up to your tv? Or is the recorder part of your cable or satellite receiver?
We will need to find out what kind of file it's saved as.

A low-tech way to make a copy is to play it on your tv and record it with a cell phone camera. Quality will suffer.
Walt K
Eastern Pa

66 GS Astro Blue/blue 425 auto
66 GS Silver Mist/black 401 4 spd
66 GS Flame Red/black 401 5 spd
66 GS Saddle Mist/black 401 L76 auto
66 Special Flame Red/black 300 5 spd
65 GS vert Verde Green/ Saddle buckets 401 4 spd
79 Turbo Regal

Offline wheelz

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2017, 10:52:49 PM »
ThanX Walt! I didnt record it but a friend did, and he tells me the unit is a Spectrum supplied DVR with no jacks or ethernet connection. just a TV cable connection...
Wheelz, Tampa Bay