Author Topic: New BRAKE RELEASE handle  (Read 537 times)

Offline schlepcar

• Crazy about Buick!
New BRAKE RELEASE handle
« on: December 23, 2016, 07:22:11 PM »
I was putting parts together and noticed that my parking brake handle had somehow gotten broke since I took the car apart for restoration. I was digging around for another assembly and realized that the plastic handle just screws onto the pull rod. These CORRECT handles are now reproduced and available from several suppliers. It even has the countersunk arrow molded into the top side specifically for 64-7 A bodies.

Offline elagache

• Crazy about Buick!
  • Caretaker of one assertive "billy-goat" wagon
Photo of the OPGI model (Re: New BRAKE RELEASE handle)
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2016, 11:12:00 AM »
Dear Dan and mid-60s Buick parts hounds,

I was putting parts together and noticed that my parking brake handle had somehow gotten broke since I took the car apart for restoration. I was digging around for another assembly and realized that the plastic handle just screws onto the pull rod. These CORRECT handles are now reproduced and available from several suppliers. It even has the countersunk arrow molded into the top side specifically for 64-7 A bodies.

I replaced the parking brake release handle, parking brake pedal, brake pedal, and accelerator pedal some years ago on my trusty wagon.  I bought all four items from Original Parts Group.  Here is a photo of their parking brake release handle and other items taken as my car was getting Vintage Air system fitted:

All four items look very good.  The one downside of the pedals is that the rubber is softer than the original so they are more fragile.

Thanks for sharing the tip!

Cheers, Edouard