Author Topic: Name that trim. (1964 Skylark trim around the tail lights and center panel)  (Read 1021 times)

Offline TrunkMonkey

• Administrator
  • Crazy about Buick!
  • BUICK. Where the rubber meets the road...
Looking for the trim that wraps around/encompasses the tail lights and center trim panel.

And what is it's correct nomenclature?

Typing "skinny trim around back of 1964 Skylark" gets some risque pictures and keeps me busy looking, but I need to get back to upgrading the car. :tongue3:

(edited to remove the 1965 reference as "wheelz" edjamacated me on the differences)
« Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 09:14:32 PM by TrunkMonkey »
Michael

The first 60 years were spent on surviving. The second 60 are gonna be spent on fun!

Offline wheelz

• Crazy about Buick!
FWIW, the two cars 64 & 65 are both different in themseffs..  Which car do you actually need the parts for?

btw I have an excellent set of 64 tail light chrome housings and lenses!

Wheelz, Tampa Bay
Wheelz, Tampa Bay

Offline TrunkMonkey

• Administrator
  • Crazy about Buick!
  • BUICK. Where the rubber meets the road...
I need the chrome ring around the tail lights/trim panel for a 1964.

Had a 1964 Special back in the late 70s, and now have a 1964 Skylark convertible. So I am almost 40 years out of touch.

Maybe I can sell myself off as a "barn find" or a "survivor" LOL.

For the Special, I found a parts car in a salvage yard that was stated to be a 1965 Skylark and I picked up a few parts from it, one was the chrome panel between the tail lights.  Now after you stated they are different beasties, I went and did some looking.

The 'lark in that salvage yard must have been a 1964, so I just had it in my head that more parts were similar between the '64-'65.

I have NOS lenses, but my chrome is pitted and I will need to replace the housings. PM me and let me know.

Thanks again for your help. :)

« Last Edit: October 26, 2016, 10:01:55 PM by TrunkMonkey »
Michael

The first 60 years were spent on surviving. The second 60 are gonna be spent on fun!

Offline wheelz

• Crazy about Buick!
64 Tail light housings and real nice lenses. Diecast chrome housings are nice, minimal freckling, very-minor pit blemishes. Out of a possible '10', these are 8.825.  :icon_thumright:
Prefer to sellum as a 'set':  $123.61 shipped as long as you live in any lower 48.

Wheelz, Tampa Bay 
Wheelz, Tampa Bay