Author Topic: Boot Storage  (Read 336 times)

Offline cwmcobra

• Crazy about Buick!
  • The Verde Howitzer
    • Ginky Weeds Restoration Project
Boot Storage
« on: October 29, 2020, 09:14:48 AM »
Does anyone have knowledge of materials and colors for the storage bag for the convertible top boot? My Steve Shuman car has the boot stored in a black plastic bag in the trunk.  I don't know if it is original, and would like to confirm what material might be what was used originally, to be accurate in my restoration.  And were all the bags black in color?  Or were the storage bags color matched to the boots?  For example, my top and boot are white.  In this case would the storage bag be white to match the boot color or were they all black?

Thanks for any information that you can provide.

:cheers2:

Chuck

Steve Shuman's 1965 Skylark GS Convertible: Flame Red/401/4 BBL/Automatic - BCA Archival Preservation
1965 Skylark GS Convertible: Verde Green/401/2x4 BBL/4-speed - AACA First Grand National - AACA National Award - BHA Outstanding GS - BCA Senior Gold
1965 Shelby Cobra Replica

BCA 48497
AACA 91100

Offline campfamily

• Crazy about Buick!
Re: Boot Storage
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2020, 02:14:37 PM »
My boot (and top) are white, and the boot is in a black plastic bag.....almost like a thick trash bag, without any handles or ties on it. I assumed they all came that way, as my f-in-laws Chevelle is the same way.

Keith
65 Skylark GranSport, Convertible, Burgundy Mist, White Interior, Mostly Original, 70,000 miles

Offline 65GSConv

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2020, 04:55:57 PM »
Chuck;

I don't know if this helps, but here is a pic of my parts from the inside of my 65 GS convertible...from about 1980.  The bag on the floor at the far right has the boot.  On my vert, the body was midnight blue metallic, the top color was powder (light) blue, and the interior was black.  The boot was black.  The bag color is black. This bag, at that time, would have been factory original.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2020, 04:57:28 PM by 65GSConv »

Offline cwmcobra

• Crazy about Buick!
  • The Verde Howitzer
    • Ginky Weeds Restoration Project
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2020, 06:44:29 PM »
Thanks all.  Looks like black heavy plastic bag is the winner.

:cheers2:

Chuck
Steve Shuman's 1965 Skylark GS Convertible: Flame Red/401/4 BBL/Automatic - BCA Archival Preservation
1965 Skylark GS Convertible: Verde Green/401/2x4 BBL/4-speed - AACA First Grand National - AACA National Award - BHA Outstanding GS - BCA Senior Gold
1965 Shelby Cobra Replica

BCA 48497
AACA 91100