Author Topic: Thanks to Chuck aka cwmcobra  (Read 825 times)

Offline nut465gs

• Administrator
  • Crazy about Buick!
Thanks to Chuck aka cwmcobra
« on: May 03, 2016, 07:58:17 AM »
A special thank you to Chuck aka cwmcobra for his help with taking the slop out of my steering gear assembly. The drive up to Minnesota last weekend was a challenge due to high winds and and lot of play in the steering. With Chuck's help we determined that the extra play was not with the center link or with the tie rod ends. It was coming from the steering gear box. I knew that there was some way to tighten up things with the lash adjuster, but not sure about the details. Chuck had done this before and with his help at the show, it was easily adjusted tighter. The drive back home to Kansas City was much better. The convertible tracked straight and true even with my hands off the steering wheel. Thanks again Chuck.

Offline cwmcobra

• Crazy about Buick!
  • The Verde Howitzer
    • Ginky Weeds Restoration Project
Re: Thanks to Chuck aka cwmcobra
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2016, 08:28:20 AM »
You're welcome John.  Always good to meet new friends and I enjoyed wrenching together!

:cheers2:

Chuck
Steve Shuman's 1965 Skylark GS Convertible: Flame Red/401/4 BBL/Automatic - BCA Archival Preservation
1965 Skylark GS Convertible: Verde Green/401/2x4 BBL/4-speed - AACA First Grand National - AACA National Award - BHA Outstanding GS - BCA Senior Gold
1965 Shelby Cobra Replica

BCA 48497
AACA 91100