Author Topic: springs & things  (Read 2492 times)

Offline red lynch

• Buick Nut
springs & things
« on: December 15, 2015, 02:01:36 PM »
I have been rebuilding the front end of my GS (along with everything else) with poor results . One set of springs that came with the car turned out to be too damn big--took them out. Got a set from opgi--too damn low, scraping headers on ground and tires in wheel well. Took THEM out too.
 Finally I talked to Laura at espo springs and VIOLA !!!!!!! All is right with the world. Not only is she good looking and pleasant to talk to ,she knows what she is talking about ! The price was much better than opgi and shipping was faster due to the fact that they are closer.
 Anyway it was a pleasant experience and both researching it with her and ordering it too. You really should use them for springs and things.
 My only gripe with her is that she wouldn't run away with me. AH well ya cant win them all.
65 gs coupe
17 gmc terrain slt
02 Viper gts
02 Prevost XL2

Offline GS66

• Crazy about Buick!
Re: springs & things
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2015, 04:08:04 PM »
I have had great experiences with her too for my 65 and the 66's!
Jim
North Mankato, MN

65 Gran Sport HT auto
66 Gran Sport Conv. 4 speed
66 Gran Sport Conv auto
66 Gran Sport Post auto
66 Gran Sport HT auto

Offline cwmcobra

• Crazy about Buick!
  • The Verde Howitzer
    • Ginky Weeds Restoration Project
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2015, 06:54:07 PM »
I'm discussing my steering/suspension needs with Laura as well.  Will place the order this week and highly recommend ESPO, at least from a specifying and ordering standpoint.  And I'm pretty confident that the products will be right as well.

Chuck
Steve Shuman's 1965 Skylark GS Convertible: Flame Red/401/4 BBL/Automatic - BCA Archival Preservation
1965 Skylark GS Convertible: Verde Green/401/2x4 BBL/4-speed - AACA First Grand National - AACA National Award - BHA Outstanding GS - BCA Senior Gold
1965 Shelby Cobra Replica

BCA 48497
AACA 91100

Offline red lynch

• Buick Nut
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2015, 07:07:22 PM »
good for both of you guys. Its really great, not to mention unusual that we actually get to speak with a real human let alone a helpful,intelligent ,and efficient person. Just remember guys I asked her to runaway first LOL :laughing7:
65 gs coupe
17 gmc terrain slt
02 Viper gts
02 Prevost XL2

Offline GS66

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2015, 07:15:03 PM »
I also used them for a front end rebuild on a Coronet R/T with the same great results. It is nice to talk to people who know their stuff.
Jim
North Mankato, MN

65 Gran Sport HT auto
66 Gran Sport Conv. 4 speed
66 Gran Sport Conv auto
66 Gran Sport Post auto
66 Gran Sport HT auto

Offline elagache

• Crazy about Buick!
  • Caretaker of one assertive "billy-goat" wagon
Alright you guys! Stop hoggin' da' babe! . . . . (Re: springs & things)
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2015, 09:42:50 PM »
Dear red lynch, Jim, Chuck, and mid-60s "chick hunters", . . . .  :overthetop:

Finally I talked to Laura at espo springs and VIOLA !!!!!!! All is right with the world. Not only is she good looking and pleasant to talk to ,she knows what she is talking about !

. . . .

My only gripe with her is that she wouldn't run away with me. AH well ya cant win them all.

Alright, you wise-guys!  :evil6:  Suppose a guy doesn't want a date but just needs some suspension parts!

I had to find a website on my own and I didn't have say was over 21 to get admission! . . . 

http://www.springsnthings.com/

At the moment my trusty wagon doesn't need any new suspension springs, but with new tires being proposed - you never know!  :BangHead:

Cheers, Edouard  :occasion14:

Offline WkillGS

• Administrator
  • Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2015, 10:02:29 AM »
Great to hear Epso is treating you guys well. I bought a set from them over 10 years ago and I've been recommending them ever since!
She knows her products well, especially if you want to raise/lower your car from the stock height.

Does anyone have part numbers or specs for the '65 springs?
Walt K
Eastern Pa

66 GS Astro Blue/blue 425 auto
66 GS Silver Mist/black 401 4 spd
66 GS Flame Red/black 401 5 spd
66 GS Saddle Mist/black 401 L76 auto
66 Special Flame Red/black 300 5 spd
65 GS vert Verde Green/ Saddle buckets 401 4 spd
79 Turbo Regal

Offline red lynch

• Buick Nut
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2015, 01:09:20 PM »
Good thing you don't really need a date Edouard . Her hubby probably wouldn't allow it anyway and yup they are the best at the spring stuff.
 Laura can give you the specs and numbers wkillgs.
65 gs coupe
17 gmc terrain slt
02 Viper gts
02 Prevost XL2

Offline Rollaround

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2017, 07:12:55 PM »
Ditto on all the above comments. 
I just ordered front and rear springs, bushings and an entire steering linkage setup including tie rod ends and ball joints from Laura.  She is very knowledgeable, patient and experienced.
The price was also a pleasant surprise, much less then I expected.
Kevin
Northwest Ohio
Working the endless restroation.