Author Topic: A Big Thanks to Two of our Newer Members  (Read 1974 times)

Offline Mark Ascher

• Administrator
  • Crazy about Buick!
A Big Thanks to Two of our Newer Members
« on: June 16, 2015, 07:44:52 PM »
I'd like to say thanks to two guys in our 65 GS group who made the BCA National 2015 possible for me.

John Evenson. I met John once, at Rob's party in May. He lent his trailer, then his truck to haul my
car to Springfield. John took my calls & text messages at all hours while driving to & from Springfield when issues with truck cropped up.

Bill Lahner. Bill caught up with me in southern Iowa when the truck looked like it may not make it back to MN. He stuck by for about 6 hours while we tried to diagnose the problem, then helped nurse the truck & trailer into the nearest town. Bill went above & beyond the call of duty by about x100. I met Bill for the first time last Friday.

We have a group of guys (and a few gals!) here that can't be beat. It's a pleasure to know you all.

Mark
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 08:36:22 PM by Mark Ascher »
65 GS HT 4 Speed - BCA Senior 2015; AACA Senior Grand National 2021
66 Impala 396/TH400/12 Bolt "Project Rodent Remediation" - Almost Done
69 Bel Air 2 Door Sedan "Project Junior Stock" - In Process
19 Chev Silverado Pickem Up (daily driver)

Offline 35chevcoupe

• Crazy about Buick!
Re: A Big Thanks to Two of our Newer Members
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2015, 09:06:13 PM »
Thanks for the kind words Mark ,
The feeling is mutual , I,ve never met a group of guys that is caring enough to help work on and search out parts for each others cars .
I agree 100% that this group is the BEST .
John Evenson

1930 model A 4 dr sedan
35 chev coupe 2 dr Master Deluxe suicide dr,s
55 chev belair wagon 4dr
59 Buick Invicta 2 dr hd top
65 Buick GS 2 dr ht 3 spd
65 Buick GS Convertible 3 spd
1970 Cuda 440-6
71 Buick GS
84 chev 3/4 ton p/u 6.2 diesel
Yeah there's more
There all projects

Offline nut465gs

• Administrator
  • Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2015, 09:44:36 AM »
I have to agree with Mark. What John Evenson and Bill Lahner did was truly amazing. They both are class acts. I have also been bailed out a number of times by friends and acquaintances from this Website with parts, information and sound advice. I consider myself fortunate to be a member of this '65 GS community.

John Egel

Offline 65arcticfox

• Buick Nut
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2015, 01:09:04 PM »
As much as I like being hero for the day, I would not have even been on that trip if not for some of the other guys. Dan, Loren, and John E. I have had a lot of help from these guys, and really enjoyed meeting those who I've met, and those who I have yet to meet.        Thanks, Guys and Gals!  Bill Lahner.