Author Topic: Collector car ins.  (Read 4178 times)

Offline campfamily

• Crazy about Buick!
Re: Collector car ins.
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2015, 09:11:13 AM »
^^^^ What Chris said ^^^^  Hagerty requires that every driver in the household that they will cover on the classic car have another car and insurance policy in force at the time; and they ask for proof. They do not want the car used as a daily driver. Other than that, no mileage restrictions. I was also impressed with the fact that they had no age restrictions. When my older son got his license, they had no problem adding him to the policy, once we showed that we had another car in the household that he was using as his daily driver.

One thing that does scare me a bit about Hagerty is that their default policy has very low liability levels, basically the state minimum.  So, consider upping that, particularly if you have any other assets that you want to protect.

Keith
65 Skylark GranSport, Convertible, Burgundy Mist, White Interior, Mostly Original, 70,000 miles

Offline elagache

• Crazy about Buick!
  • Caretaker of one assertive "billy-goat" wagon
Thanks Chris! (Re: Collector car ins. restrictions)
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2015, 11:14:04 AM »
Dear Chris and mid-60s Buick treasure protectors,

Since you are probably an insured driver on your other vehicles, the way I understood it was that my Hagerty insurance was additional agreed upon coverage for the car.

No driver or car restrictions that I can recall.

Okay, that's good to know.  Collector car insurance hasn't really been a problem because my trusty wagon really hasn't been running yet.  Hopefully, that will happen soon and I now need to protect her after all I've invested in her!

Thanks Chris!

Cheers, Edouard

Offline rwg65

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2015, 02:22:16 PM »
John no mileage restrictions. Car must be kept in enclosed locked garage on your property. Not to be used for errands shopping or going to races. Must have a daily driver insured. No driver under 25

Bob

Offline campfamily

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2015, 03:01:58 PM »
No driver under 25

Bob

Bob - I don't believe Hagerty has this restriction. My oldest son is 19, and he has been approved to drive my GS since he was 18, and he had his own car / insurance.

Keith
65 Skylark GranSport, Convertible, Burgundy Mist, White Interior, Mostly Original, 70,000 miles

Offline Chris

• Crazy about Buick!
  • "Fast With Class"
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2015, 07:32:02 PM »
My coupe was insured with Hagerty and sitting on my driveway when a wind storm hit us and created about $3,000 damage.  When I called them the first thing they asked me if everyone was okay.  They asked me to send them a couple pictures of the damage and take it to two places (of my choice) for estimates.  I turned in both estimates and they honored the lower of the two ($150 difference) and issued me a check that arrived in 48 hours.  Absolutely no hassles and they didn't jack up the rates to punish me for my claim.

Another benefit are the free membership perks.  They have a really nice magazine that they send out and their website has a lot of care tips and valuation information.  Hagerty is a class act for sure!   :icon_thumright:

Chris
-= A Howitzer with Windshield Wipers =-

1965 GS Coupe
 1983 Porsche 911 SC
 2000 Porsche 911
 2011 Lamborghini LP550-2

Offline 35chevcoupe

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2015, 08:30:56 PM »
Chris ,
I do like the magazine they send out , and when I have a question there customer service is great .
John Evenson

1930 model A 4 dr sedan
35 chev coupe 2 dr Master Deluxe suicide dr,s
55 chev belair wagon 4dr
59 Buick Invicta 2 dr hd top
65 Buick GS 2 dr ht 3 spd
65 Buick GS Convertible 3 spd
1970 Cuda 440-6
71 Buick GS
84 chev 3/4 ton p/u 6.2 diesel
Yeah there's more
There all projects