Author Topic: Sail Panels from Legendary - They have my cores now  (Read 1385 times)

Offline tsollazo

• Crazy about Buick!
Sail Panels from Legendary - They have my cores now
« on: March 23, 2015, 04:12:16 PM »
Hi Everyone,

Just thought I'd let you know that Legendary should soon offer correctly made sail panels for the 65. When I ordered mine from them a year ago or so, they sent me the ones for a Chevy that "should" fit. Now that it's coming time to install them, I had a look at them vs my originals and they were 1. Dimensionally different, 2. No cut outs for the dome light and 3. No provision for the clips that go into the receiver plugs in the inner panel.

Everything else I have from legendary works and looks awesome, except these. I called the sales person I worked with over a year ago to order my whole interior - seat covers, door panels, headliner, carpet, package tray, etc. He told me that its been quite some time and beyond their return policy. He asked me to take a couple pictures to show the difference. I sent them along and proposed going 50/50 on the cost of correctly made replacements. He countered with covering the whole thing including shipping but letting them keep the originals. I told them so long as they offer them correctly made as standard items for the 65....deal.

I should be getting them back in the next week....and will update....nevertheless we should have correct replacements from legendary in the near future... :occasion14:

Thanks,
Tony

Offline sodak65

• Crazy about Buick!
Re: Sail Panels from Legendary - They have my cores now
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2015, 04:43:37 PM »
thats great news! are you getting them covered or do they come coverd? Is there any difference between hardtop and sedan panels?

Offline tsollazo

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2015, 08:37:17 PM »
Yep, they are covering them. I'm not sure if the panels are the same for coupes and post cars? Anyone?

Online dsags

• Administrator
  • Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2015, 08:53:43 PM »
Post cars use a dome light for the interior while hardtops have the lights in the sail panels. Not sure about the shape of the panels though.

Dan
1965 Special Convertible, L33 LS, 4L60

Offline Loren At 65GS

• Administrator
  • Crazy about Buick!
  • Senior Administrator
    • 65 GS dot com
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2015, 02:08:27 AM »
The shape of the sail panel is the same for both hardtop and post body style.
 As Dan pointed out, the post body has a dome lamp in the headliner. Whereas the hardtop light is in the sail panel.

I've made a few sets in the past for myself and others.

Loren
65 GS hardtop BCA Senior
 65 GS thin pillar coupe
 65 Skylark coupe v-6
 65 GS hardtop restoration project
 65 Sport Wagon
 70 GS 455 htp / original engine
 94 Roadmaster wagon
 96 Roadmaster wagon- parts car
 63 Riviera

BCA 14371
 BCA 65 Gran Sport Division

Offline sodak65

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2015, 07:11:18 AM »
Ok Tony next question, what material are they covering them in? Does Legendary have the correct color now?

Offline tsollazo

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2015, 08:40:52 AM »
Our car is Astro Blue with Blue interior. Original headliner and sail panels were a powder blue hounds tooth. Legendary material is exact.