Author Topic: WANTED 65 SKYLARK OR SPECIAL 2 DOOR SEDAN OR GS...but a skylark is fine  (Read 4766 times)

Offline marxjunk

• Crazy about Buick!
Looking for a solid near rust free 65 Skylark or special 2 door sedan...NO HARDTOPS..NO 4 DOORS....NO CONVERTS... i want a post car..no done cars.a 8-10 year old resto is more like whay im looking for....a GS is not necessary...a skylark of special is just as good to me

nothing done, an original paint car is worth more to me...something untouched...un screwed with.....i want a project..maybe something taken apart and abandoned...no drive train is perfect...v6 is even good..

400 mile radius of KC Kansas.....unless you can deliver it..or get it to the 400 mile radius

i'm picky..im not wandering away from this specific car..ive always taken what pops up and im done with that...i sold a 65 post car when i was a kid to pay bills and i have regretted it every day since....mine was white with blue interior..would be cool if that is the combo but i dont care

im picky..so if you wont send pics or answer all my questions dont even bother responding...when someone buys something for me...i say ask questions til your satisfied...i expect the same...

i sold a bunch of cars..and trying to get back to what i really want..and this is top of the list...aa 70-73 firbird is next

I watch craigslist like a hawk..and found some local bit i am done with rusty turds...let me define...a little rust is one thing..a rusty turd is a rusty turd....aint interested in a rusty car..even if its the only one on the planet..screw the rust

Offline schlepcar

• Crazy about Buick!
Re: WANTED 65 SKYLARK OR SPECIAL 2 DOOR SEDAN OR GS...but a skylark is fine
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2015, 08:08:25 PM »
There is a clean roller post car south of me in the middle of Michigan. The car is boned out like a stolen recovery vehicle. I wanna say it was a 64 special 2 dr post. Someone had put a million dollar paint job on it like it must have been a low rider at one time. The frame and body are clean, but I do not have any pics of it. I am going back down there Saturday if you want me to get more info. I know the guy where it is stored. Dan

Offline mrbuick65

• Crazy about Buick!

Offline cwmcobra

• Crazy about Buick!
  • The Verde Howitzer
    • Ginky Weeds Restoration Project
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2015, 06:33:38 AM »
Here`s  a Skylark I saw advertised in Canada on Kijiji.
John
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars/edmonton/1965-buick-skylark/1053024615?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Wow, what a read!  I think I need to go take a shower now......   :nono:
Steve Shuman's 1965 Skylark GS Convertible: Flame Red/401/4 BBL/Automatic - BCA Archival Preservation
1965 Skylark GS Convertible: Verde Green/401/2x4 BBL/4-speed - AACA First Grand National - AACA National Award - BHA Outstanding GS - BCA Senior Gold
1965 Shelby Cobra Replica

BCA 48497
AACA 91100

Offline marxjunk

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2015, 09:13:24 AM »
There is a clean roller post car south of me in the middle of Michigan. The car is boned out like a stolen recovery vehicle. I wanna say it was a 64 special 2 dr post. Someone had put a million dollar paint job on it like it must have been a low rider at one time. The frame and body are clean, but I do not have any pics of it. I am going back down there Saturday if you want me to get more info. I know the guy where it is stored. Dan

i appreciate the lead, but this early, id still like to try to find a 65

Offline marxjunk

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2015, 09:14:05 AM »
Canada is too far...i appreciate the lead...and wow what an add

Offline elagache

• Crazy about Buick!
  • Caretaker of one assertive "billy-goat" wagon
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2015, 09:13:44 PM »
Wow, what a read!  I think I need to go take a shower now......   :nono:

x2!!!!

Cheers, Edouard

Offline mikey531

• Buick Fan
I know I am more than 400 miles away, but is this what you are looking for?

http://nh.craigslist.org/cto/4893708136.html

Offline marxjunk

• Crazy about Buick!
its exactly what i'm looking for, but east coast and new paint scares me...i appreciate the lead

is it your car?

Offline GS66

• Crazy about Buick!
its exactly what i'm looking for, but east coast and new paint scares me...i appreciate the lead

is it your car?

Did you check out the one I  PM'd you about?
Jim
North Mankato, MN

65 Gran Sport HT auto
66 Gran Sport Conv. 4 speed
66 Gran Sport Conv auto
66 Gran Sport Post auto
66 Gran Sport HT auto

Offline marxjunk

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2015, 06:34:03 PM »
i think so..im so sick the days are running together..im really starting to appreciate cough syrup...

..i will go back and look..i havent deleted anything

Offline mikey531

• Buick Fan
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2015, 05:48:35 AM »

is it your car?

Yes it is mine,  the floors are just like the trunk solid throughout. I do not know where the car came from originally but I put a magnet everywhere there should be rust and it sticks. The only place I found any bondo was behind the rear wheels.

Offline marxjunk

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2015, 10:49:11 AM »
thanks Mikey..i appreciate the lead..

i am going to keep looking

Offline Weldar

• Crazy about Buick!
65 Skylark GS HT Auto - Under restoration
65 Skylark GS HT 4sp - Driver
2 x 65 Skylarks for parts

"If you stay ready, you don't have to get ready" - Les K.
"The closer to the wellhead the better" - Oilfield Oldtimer

Offline marxjunk

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2015, 10:30:03 PM »
no longer looking..ive decided to put the money in an LS3 and stick it in my 66 GS...