Author Topic: 1965 Bucamino  (Read 767 times)

Offline kcombs

• Crazy about Buick!
Re: 1965 Bucamino
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2023, 08:09:36 PM »
Looks good...Are the elky quarters as good as they look? I am curious how much you have to do to get the Buick lines in place. Do you plan on removing quarter or rebuilding those with Buick stamp lines? It should be pretty unique one you get it together. The dash is easier than it sounds because the top can be left in place if the metal is clean and just use the buick lower. My upper dash is out of a chevelle when I was doing my Buick because I found a clean lower windshield area and spliced it in. This will be a nice one to watch going together.
[/quote
Hi Schlepcar,
At this point I am going to remove the Buick front end and doors and put the Elky back together as a Chevy sitting on a Skylark GS frame and drivetrain. The Elky was painted and all parts still look good so I am going to drive it that way. Today I took a 1965 Chevelle 396 radiator to a shop in Ukiah to have it converted to work with a 401 nailhead. The previous owner did a poor job of installing a cross flow radiator in the Elky. I bought the interior materials years ago when I was going to put the Elky back on a El Camino frame that would have had a small block Chevy engine. My daughter was going to drive it to school. Family friend was in a bad accident and permanently disabled her daughter and at that time we decided our daughter should drive my F250 instead. So for now it is reassembly time. It will be a nice looking driver with a nailhead 401 and a five speed. Now I just have to figure out how to upholster bucket seats and install a headliner. Oh, and glass.
Kurt
65 Bucamino
65 two door post (parts?)
65 Special wagon