Author Topic: Rear Seat Belts  (Read 980 times)

Offline GreatScat1965

• Crazy about Buick!
Rear Seat Belts
« on: June 11, 2014, 08:02:16 PM »
I am interested in installing rear seat belts. (Grand Kids) I found non retractable dark red w/ aviation style chrome buckles from a company called RetrobeltUSA. Has anyone ever used them? the belts come in a 60" and 75" total length. I don't have a later A Body car to measure the correct length. Any help or advise would be greatly appreciated.

Jerry
Jerry

Offline elagache

• Crazy about Buick!
  • Caretaker of one assertive "billy-goat" wagon
Same length is front belts. (Re: Rear Seat Belts)
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2014, 09:44:48 PM »
Hi Jerry and mid-60s Buick fans,

I am interested in installing rear seat belts. (Grand Kids) I found non retractable dark red w/ aviation style chrome buckles from a company called RetrobeltUSA. Has anyone ever used them? the belts come in a 60" and 75" total length. I don't have a later A Body car to measure the correct length. Any help or advise would be greatly appreciated.

I don't know the answer to your question exactly, but perhaps I can give you a helpful pointer.  I upgraded the front seat belts to replica Buick retractable seat belts from 1967-68 in my 1965 Special wagon.  I then had refurbished and put the old front seat belts in the rear.  That replaced the generic seat belts that my Dad had put in car - for me! (back around 1970 or so.)

The front belts work perfectly fine in the rear.  So you could measure the length of the front belts and use that as a reference.

Hope that's some help.

Cheers, Edouard  :occasion14:

Offline GreatScat1965

• Crazy about Buick!
Re: Rear Seat Belts
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2014, 07:13:06 AM »
Makes sense to me. I'll measure up the front belts and see if they are closer to the long or the short set they sell. Thanks!
Jerry