Author Topic: Parking Lights  (Read 2021 times)

Offline bobbybuick

• Crazy about Buick!
Re: Parking Lights
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2023, 11:48:30 AM »
it works,.changing parking lights to led sylvania Zevo next .that way very low amperage will flow through diode 

Offline elagache

• Crazy about Buick!
  • Caretaker of one assertive "billy-goat" wagon
I believe you are correct. (Re: Parking Lights)
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2023, 12:06:57 PM »
Dear bobbybuick and mid-60s Buick caregivers,

I think the tail light is a different circuit and a different fuse .

Yes, I believe you are correct, but these bulbs aren't using a lot of power.  Supplying 4 bulbs on the same circuit instead of 2 I don't think represents an issue.

it works,.changing parking lights to led sylvania Zevo next .that way very low amperage will flow through diode 

Yes, using a diode will also work.  Switching to LED lights would reduce the current draw for either using a diode or changing to the taillight circuit.  However, you probably will need to switch to an electronic instead of the factory mechanical flasher for the turning signals.

Thanks for sharing your solution!

Cheers, Edouard

Offline bobbybuick

• Crazy about Buick!
Re: I believe you are correct. (Re: Parking Lights)
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2023, 12:45:31 PM »
yep, already go that flasher .Needed it for the sequential LED tailights thanks
Dear bobbybuick and mid-60s Buick caregivers,

I think the tail light is a different circuit and a different fuse .

Yes, I believe you are correct, but these bulbs aren't using a lot of power.  Supplying 4 bulbs on the same circuit instead of 2 I don't think represents an issue.

Yes, using a diode will also work.  Switching to LED lights would reduce the current draw for either using a diode or changing to the taillight circuit.  However, you probably will need to switch to an electronic instead of the factory mechanical flasher for the turning signals.

Thanks for sharing your solution!

Cheers, Edouard