Author Topic: BPG 2013 Photos  (Read 863 times)

Offline Mister T

• Crazy about Buick!
BPG 2013 Photos
« on: August 08, 2013, 10:26:09 AM »
I had the distinct pleasure of attending BPG recently, and I DROVE my 2 X 4, 4 speed Butternut Yellow car down!! It was a long, but enjoyable sojourn, 2675 actual miles, 204.92 US gallons of gas at $835.04 giving me a stellar 13.05 mpg. :occasion14: Had the AC going about half the time.

Received many thumbs up and compliments along the way. Two stand out - on the way home, a guy on a loud motorcycle pulled alongside shouting "nice car" with a  :thumbsup: Later that day, while getting gas, an older guy pulling an enclosed trailer came by to check my car over. He loved seeing it driven, and of course, I had to know what he had. :icon_biggrin: "65 Malibu convert" was the reply. He then said we "A" body guys (and gals) need to stick together. :icon_thumright: Who would have thought a Chevlle guy would like a Buick? :dontknow: :cheers2:

I did not take many photos this year, since it looked like every second person had a camera. Anyway, here's some of mine:

In Moorhead, MN at a rest area.

Cruise in at host hotel.

The only other 65 GS I saw, owned by Jerry Derise.

Jerry's nailhead, mostly stock, with mild cam, some porting, etc. Ran low 13's all day, has a best of 12.79.

Lighting them up!!

Shari Bonecutter Memorial Charity race final against Sean Ryder, BPG chairman.

65 Skylark convert. Owner is 6' 8" tall!! he moved the front bucket seats about 4-5 inches back.

Ted Nagel's band, Northside Garage, rocking the parking lot! These guys are good.

Restored late fifties dragster. It did not go down the track, but was being delivered to its owner by John Everett, who stopped by on the way.

Some parking lot shenanigans.

Ken Lisk driving his wife's 62 Electra convert. Hard to determine who had the biggest smile, Ken or Clarissa. :laughing7:

Nice old Ford truck at the track, I think 49 or 50.

I'm playing with camera settings.  :angel4:

Alas, trip almost over.  :sad1: Waiting at the Canada/US border. Took almost one hour to get across, due to Canadian holiday last Monday. Plenty of Canucks go shopping in either Grand Forks, or Fargo, ND. When they return, it creates a bottleneck. Unfortunately, some self centered a-holes always jump the queue. :angryfire: :angry9: :evil1:

« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 12:52:14 PM by Mister T »
Tom B

Currently bereft of Buicks.

Offline dsags

• Administrator
  • Crazy about Buick!
Re: BPG 2013 Photos
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2013, 01:32:46 PM »
Thanks for the pictures Tom. Believe you are the only man who would drive his '65 that far for a car show. Wow and fantastic !!!
1965 Special Convertible, L33 LS, 4L60

Offline mdkd

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2013, 05:35:53 PM »
Tom

Congratulations on your trip.

2675 miles is a trip to Phoenix Arizona and half way back to my place in Minnesota.

Obviously your car is running really well.

Your pictures indicate your highly optioned car is still showing it's pride well.

Thanks for the pictures.

Milton
65 White GS HT My Pride & Joy
31 in Registry 2022 BCA Gold
65 Red White GS Convert 99 in Registry
SOLD to a good home in Ohio
65 Black GS HT - SOLD to a good home local
Several 64-65 non GS HT & Convert Sold
64 Special 4dr parents bought new not 4 sale

Offline vinnie

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2013, 07:25:23 AM »
Too bad about the rain out. I would have enjoyed to spending time with you at the car show. I drove down to National Trail on Saturday morning only to find out about the rainout. I only drove three hours to get there, so by your standards, it was a walk in the park.  Drove my 65 hardtop, 2x4 car to the show. Would have been great to park them side by side. Maybe next time. Glenn
Glenn V
1965 Skylark GS Hardtop  2017 BCA Senior Gold
2019 enclave
GSCA 2168
BCA 37942
AACA 915140

Offline wildcat65

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2013, 05:16:07 PM »
 :rocker:

Good to see you and the 65 there!
I think the party was the best we have had in a while.
Nailed 4-speeds rule  :thumbsup:
Ted Nagel         65 Skylark GS 4-speed + Wildcats + GS's