Author Topic: Spring Extravaganza Car Show MN State Fair Grounds Sunday May 5, 2013  (Read 4597 times)

Offline mdkd

• Crazy about Buick!
All

SUNDAY MAY 5, 2013

This is the 26th Anniversary of the largest single day car show in the metro area and is put on by the Gopher State Buick club.

I have included a copy of the flier sent out this year to previous participants of which several are part of 65GS.com.

It is this coming Sunday so obviously it is to late to send in your application but they will accept registration at the entry gate.

Adult Spectators are only $5.00 and Children under 12 are Free.

This year the trophy's are TOP 21 for all makes up to 2000 and Buick has their own TOP 5 for any year Buick with Participant Judging.

Show parking will not be by class this year to allow groups to park together on a first come first serve bases.

Buick's will have their own designated area. This is a BUICK show after all.

This year is also the first year we will not be using a tent for registration / headquarters.

Home Depot has built a large building on site by the swap area and that is what we are using. Electricity and all.

The Web site is www.gopherstatebuick.org and the Hot Line is 651-770-8096.

If you have any questions let me know Cell sixonetwo sixfivefive 08fivefive.

Hope to see ya all there

Milton

65 White GS HT My Pride & Joy
31 in Registry 2022 BCA Gold
65 Red White GS Convert 99 in Registry
SOLD to a good home in Ohio
65 Black GS HT - SOLD to a good home local
Several 64-65 non GS HT & Convert Sold
64 Special 4dr parents bought new not 4 sale

Offline buickmiester3

• Buick Fan
  • crazy about buicks!
It started out alittle chilly? But My wife and i had a Great time! Met alot of Gransport Proud owners and seen some Really hot cars! Hope to have Mine ready for Next Year! My Gosh is was Fantastic! see you guys Next time! Good conversation with guys that know these cars and the workmanship that went into them Thanks Guys! Was a Pleasure.
buickmiester3     65' GS Hardtop

Offline nut465gs

• Administrator
  • Crazy about Buick!
I made the trip up to the Twin Cities to attend this big Buick event. Great show and swap meet. I was impressed with the turnout and glad that the weather was nice for a change. The best part was getting together again with Loren, Mark, Dan, Rob, Jon, Milton, Jay, and Ron at Mark's home on Saturday night. We also met another member of this forum at the car show on Sunday. Hi Buickmiester3! Glad that we got to meet you and your wife. Maybe next year you will have your '65 GS there at the show. Great show Milton. Kudos to your BCA Chapter.

Offline Loren At 65GS

• Administrator
  • Crazy about Buick!
  • Senior Administrator
    • 65 GS dot com
Hard to say much more. A good show and swap meet, with Buick parts too.
Think that a larger turnout may have happened if there would have been no threat of rain and a little warmer AM.
Had a fantastic time at the show and even more at Mark's. I want to say Thanks to  Mark and his wife for hosting the gathering.
 Welcome Buickmiester3, it was a pleasure to meet you and your wife and now have a face to go with your posts.
  Loren
65 GS hardtop BCA Senior
 65 GS thin pillar coupe
 65 Skylark coupe v-6
 65 GS hardtop restoration project
 65 Sport Wagon
 70 GS 455 htp / original engine
 94 Roadmaster wagon
 96 Roadmaster wagon- parts car
 63 Riviera

BCA 14371
 BCA 65 Gran Sport Division

Offline dsags

• Administrator
  • Crazy about Buick!
Milton, your group put on a really good show with a lot of very nice Buicks in attendance. Thanks also to Mark for hosting the group at his place on Saturday night. It was nice to see all the guys. Glad the weather cooperated.
1965 Special Convertible, L33 LS, 4L60

Offline nut465gs

• Administrator
  • Crazy about Buick!
Here's a photo of the gang at Mark's the night before the Extravaganza. Thanks Mark for hosting this mini '65 GS convention. Thanks for the chips and beer. Thanks to Melissa for the chili meal.  John

Offline buickmiester3

• Buick Fan
  • crazy about buicks!
I'll say it again! it was nice to meet all of you and the knowledge that all of you have was over the top and the seriousness you all showed about the love for these Fine Machines makes me Glad and just as Proud to be apart of it! SUPER THANKS and KUDO'S to you ALL! It Was AWESOME to meet All of you!
buickmiester3     65' GS Hardtop

Offline Mark Ascher

• Administrator
  • Crazy about Buick!
It was quite a weekend. Thanks to all who to came to the house, and for bringing beverages, goodies, parts and your bad 'ol selves.
Loren, John, Jon, Dan, Rob, Milton & Ron, what a "round robin" discussion that was on Saturday! Fantastic.

Great show Milton, even though the weather looked like it may not be too good. Maybe this could be an annual event???
Buickmiester3, I believe Rob and I talked with you last June at the all GM show. I'll be back there again, the show is June 9 this year.

Mark
65 GS HT 4 Speed - BCA Senior 2015; AACA Senior Grand National 2021
66 Impala 396/TH400/12 Bolt "Project Rodent Remediation" - Almost Done
69 Bel Air 2 Door Sedan "Project Junior Stock" - In Process
19 Chev Silverado Pickem Up (daily driver)

Offline gssizzler

• Crazy about Buick!
Ron and I had a blast!, what a great time meeting everyone! and talking about Buicks! Special
Thanks to Mark and his wife for hosting a true live in person Forum! Great to see everybody! ,don't get
many chances for that many 65 gs owners in one place! The show was great and I would
encourage Buick lovers to attend !, Thanks to Milt and the chapter for puttting on such a show!,
also for letting us look over your convert to! Jon

Offline Mister T

• Crazy about Buick!
This one snuck up on me, as I would have considered driving down for the show. Alas, I got stranded in northern Ontario due to my big rig breaking down. Sat in Sault Ste. Marie fro Thursday afternoon until Saturday afternoon.  :angry1:

Maybe next year with more notice, I could juggle my work, and make the trek south.  :idea1:
Tom B

Currently bereft of Buicks.

Offline Mark Ascher

• Administrator
  • Crazy about Buick!
Tom, it would have been great to have you! You may need to be in the Twin Cities twice next year...
May for the Spring Extravaganza, and June for the BCA regional. I'm sure Milton will be posting more
details in the coming months.

Mark
65 GS HT 4 Speed - BCA Senior 2015; AACA Senior Grand National 2021
66 Impala 396/TH400/12 Bolt "Project Rodent Remediation" - Almost Done
69 Bel Air 2 Door Sedan "Project Junior Stock" - In Process
19 Chev Silverado Pickem Up (daily driver)

Offline mdkd

• Crazy about Buick!
Tom

I thought of you and your brother Randy several times last Saturday night over at Marks.

It really reminded me of our get together last June when you came down to pick up your new Bamboo Cream 4 speed.

Like everyone here has expressed, it was a very amazing get together.

The Round-Robin, as Mark puts it, really stretched my brain trying to absorb it all.

The cumulative knowledge and camaraderie is sure something I have 65GS.com to thank for.

As usual Mark and his family were exceptional host including food and ahhh beverages.

My bad for not giving everyone more official notice on the Extravaganza Car Show.

It has always been held the first Sunday in May and for the last 15 years or so at the Minnesota State Fair grounds.

In 2014 it will be held Sunday May 4th at the Fair Grounds.

I would also like to thank everyone for stopping over at the show this year.

You all were certainly noticed and appreciated.

I have been getting a lot of comments about "Who Were Though's Masked Men" with all the great knowledge on mid 60's A body.

I would just respond with "If you think that's something just check out 65GS.com" Their the best people there is.

Thanks for the Help.

Was that Jay Robertsons Black on Black on Black 65 GS convert I just heard drive by? I know I seen Rob's and several others

THIS YEAR 2013

The calendar here for the rest of this year includes many club and comunity cruses and individual car shows.

Of note for Buick's is the All GM Car Show held at the MN State Fair Grounds on June 9th and the All Buick Fireball Chapter car show in Stillwater on September 14. 

The Grand Daddy show by far in this part of the country is "Back to the 50's" put on by the MSRA (Minnesota Street Rod Association).

They average 12,000 cars for their show at the Fair Grounds. That's right 12,000 cars. 1964 and older can enter. June 21-23 is their 40th Anniversary.

NEXT YEAR 2014

The Gopher State Buick Club will be putting on the Extravaganza again the first Sunday in May.

The Gopher State Buick Club will also be hosting the BCA HEARTLAND REGIONAL all Buick Show in the Twin Cities August 7th, 8th & 9th.

If we are looking for a midwest 65GS gathering location for next year this could be a good candidate for consideration.

In 2015 the BCA Nationals are being held in Springfield Missouri on June 10-14. This is very close to the center of the 48 contiguous states and our 65-GS 50th Anniversary.

Thanks as always for who and what you are

Milton     
65 White GS HT My Pride & Joy
31 in Registry 2022 BCA Gold
65 Red White GS Convert 99 in Registry
SOLD to a good home in Ohio
65 Black GS HT - SOLD to a good home local
Several 64-65 non GS HT & Convert Sold
64 Special 4dr parents bought new not 4 sale

Offline Robk

• Crazy about Buick!
Milton,

Sounds Like 2014 will be a big year.   What is the location for the regional show?

Rob
65 Gran Sport Convertible 4 Speed

Offline Mister T

• Crazy about Buick!
Mark and Milton, I would have liked to attend this year, no worries about the short notice Milton.  :occasion14:

Now that 2014 is already planned, perhaps I ought mark it on the calendar,.......Well, when I get a 2014 calendar that is.  :laughing3:

The 2014 BCA Regionals could also be doable, since it looks like the week after BPG I could possibly plan a nice leisurely vacation next summer. :idea1: I'll keep this in mind.

It would have been great to get reacquainted with you all, plus meet the other members who attended. Like Milton says, my brain might have tilted, like those old pinball machines with all the information.  :tard:

I have already penned in the Gran Sport 50th anniversary at 2015 BPG.

Guys, I only get 3 weeks vacation per year!! :laughing7:
Tom B

Currently bereft of Buicks.