Author Topic: 65 GS Convertible 4spd  (Read 1660 times)

Offline 1965special

• Crazy about Buick!
65 GS Convertible 4spd
« on: January 03, 2014, 10:11:06 AM »
Hello all.  I'm 'sort of' new to the GS forum.  I've been on the forum in the past when I had a '65 Special convertible.  Unfortunately I sold that car and wish I still had it...  I did a search on this forum for a 65 GS 4 speed convertible awhile back.  Many of the folks on this site helped me to search for, and eventually find, my dream car.  Thank you!  I just picked it up about a month ago.  Its an original, matching numbers car.  Red with white interior and white top.  The previous owner had taken the front clip, motor, and tranny out about 5 yrs ago to start a restoration.  He's GTO guy at heart and eventually lost interest.  All the parts are now scattered in my garage.  The car does have a little rust behind quarters, bottoms of doors, and on driver's side floor.  The interior is tired probably from having the top down too much.  I'm starting to gather parts now for a full up restoration.  I live in the Northeast where all the parts are rusty and have to look elsewhere for nice, dry sheetmetal including doors, floors, patch panels and nice chrome.  (any leads are welcome!)  I've never restored a Skylark, and am looking forward to working with you all again.  Steve

Offline dsags

• Administrator
  • Crazy about Buick!
Re: 65 GS Convertible 4spd
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2014, 08:08:31 AM »
Steve, welcome back to the forum. Glad you found and purchased your dream car. Have any pictures ?

Dan
1965 Special Convertible, L33 LS, 4L60

Offline bobbybuick

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2014, 08:40:55 AM »
I dont know how much I can help but I did a 2 car purchase to make one and will be completed soon with my restoration (probably March 2014).Only thing mine is a 65 sedan .however many parts interchange and many dont
Good Luck

Offline 1965special

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2014, 03:23:23 PM »
Thanks Dan and Bobby.

Bobby, I wish my restoration was that close!  Any pictures of your restoration?

Dan, see attached.  Two pictures from previous owner (when car was still together).  Steve

Offline option B9

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2014, 07:20:47 PM »
   Hi Steve
   Welcome back, I'm sure if you post what parts you need the registry members could help you with the parts or point you to the right person that may have the parts. helping each other is what we are here for. I too live in the Northeast rust belt and understand all about replacing rusted out sheet metal . I'm currently restoring a 65 GS thin pillar Coupe that is very badly rusted..
                                                                   Tony
65 GS Hardtop 401 Silver, Black Vinyl top, Black interior,  
65 GS Thin Pillar coupe 401 Red on Red interior (Steve Shuman's) undergoing restoration.
65 GS Convertible 401 White, Red interior, Black top. BCA # 15317

Offline MYBUEFERD

• Buick Fan
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2014, 08:46:38 PM »
WHAT UP ALL MY NAME IS gARY IM A VERY PROUD OWER OF bueferd HE IS A 1965 GS  DROP TOP with a clutch peddle still there is it a 3 speed or a 4 speed ???????????????????????????