Author Topic: Changing of the Guard  (Read 2214 times)

Offline Chris

• Crazy about Buick!
  • "Fast With Class"
Changing of the Guard
« on: February 07, 2013, 06:59:58 PM »
65GS.com Members,

I wanted to take some time to thank everyone for the wonderful seven years that I've spent as your Forum Administrator and site owner.  Together we've saved a lot of cars from the crusher I've made a lot of friends along the way.  We've united a small group of Buick enthusiasts from around the world and shared wisdom, auto parts, time, support and most importantly... a part of ourselves.

This month marks the beginning of a new chapter for the website.  Loren Alexander (la65gs) stepped up to take the reigns after I announced that I needed a break to focus on other things.  Loren is a diehard 65 guy and I can't think of a better person to be in the drivers seat.  We've gone through the required steps to transfer everything over to him and he's now the legal owner of www.65gs.com  www.1965GS.com  and   www.GranSports.com

I'll ask everyone to please support Loren as you've supported me over the previous years and I've made a promise that I won't wander off very far and I'll try to continue helping with some of the administrative tasks (upgrades and troubleshooting problems). 

This transition is an awesome opportunity to discuss and plan some upgrades regarding the look and functionality of the site.  Areas such as the registry is now seven years old and could benefit from some "user friendly" interface updates.  Please provide your ideas to Loren and we'll see what we can do.  :)

With this email I bid you farewell as "Chris the site owner" and I now assume the role of Chris a site admin and fellow member.   :wave:

Thank you,

Chris
-= A Howitzer with Windshield Wipers =-

1965 GS Coupe
 1983 Porsche 911 SC
 2000 Porsche 911
 2011 Lamborghini LP550-2

Offline dsags

• Administrator
  • Crazy about Buick!
Re: Changing of the Guard
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2013, 07:10:10 PM »
Chris,

Thank you for all you've done for the 65 community. Best wishes and stay close.

Dan
1965 Special Convertible, L33 LS, 4L60

Offline Weldar

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2013, 08:33:26 PM »
Chris,

Second that. I'm sure most of us don't realize the effort it take to keep this site up and running. Also, much thanks to Loren for stepping up.

Dwaine
65 Skylark GS HT Auto - Under restoration
65 Skylark GS HT 4sp - Driver
2 x 65 Skylarks for parts

"If you stay ready, you don't have to get ready" - Les K.
"The closer to the wellhead the better" - Oilfield Oldtimer

Offline kcombs

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2013, 09:34:27 PM »
Hi Chris,

Thanks for all the work you have done making 65GS.com a success. The only car I have truly had a love affair with is the 65 GS, and that affection started in 1967 when I bought a two year old GS in downtown San Francisco. You have helped bring back some of my enthusiasm for the 65 GS with the implementation of this site. I hope you have continued success in your next endeavor.

Regards, Kurt
Kurt
65 Bucamino
65 two door post (parts?)
65 Special wagon

Offline 65GS

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2013, 11:33:23 PM »
 :cheers2:
Chris
I want to thank you for the work you have done the past 7 years. You have helped keep the COOLEST GS style going.

Good luck on your new endevors, and keep in touch.

AL :occasion14:
65 GS Conv.(flame red/ white int. orig. 401/ 4 speed.
65 GS hardtop auto.
BCA #3277

Offline BuickGS65

• Crazy about Buick!
  • 1965 Buick Enthusiast
    • REPRODUCTION LENSES & GASKETS
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2013, 01:21:59 AM »
Chris:

THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart. Thank you for 65GS.com, amazing reproduction lenses (available at www.DamnGoodAutoParts.com by the way), and last but not least, your generosity and friendship.  I appreciate everything you have done.

Your FRIEND,

Dan
Dan
BuickGS65 at   gmail.com
1965 Buick Skylark Gran Sport ('66 Q-Jet, 2004r)
1965 Buick Skylark (300 4v, 2004r, family owned since '78)
1965 Buick Skylark (special order survivor)
REPRODUCTION '64 & '65 LENSES & GASKETS <-- click link</a

Offline mdkd

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2013, 09:03:03 AM »
Chris

As I have said in the past

I'm relatively new at this web stuff but I sure appreciate the interaction, information, support and encouragement this site provides without getting swallowed up like other sites.

Your vision, dedication, encouragement, skill and plain old hard work is what made something like 65GS.com possable.

Thanks for all you have done. :headbang:

Glad to hear you may be stopping in every once in a while.

Don't be a stranger and good luck on your future endeavours.

Milton (mdkd)
65 White GS HT My Pride & Joy
31 in Registry 2022 BCA Gold
65 Red White GS Convert 99 in Registry
SOLD to a good home in Ohio
65 Black GS HT - SOLD to a good home local
Several 64-65 non GS HT & Convert Sold
64 Special 4dr parents bought new not 4 sale

Offline Loren At 65GS

• Administrator
  • Crazy about Buick!
  • Senior Administrator
    • 65 GS dot com
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2013, 10:20:03 AM »
Chris,

I too, wish to thank you for bringing "65GS.com" to being. You created an extremely cool site for us to come to for more then just an information site, as others have noted .
Again , Thank You! :cheers2:

Loren
65 GS hardtop BCA Senior
 65 GS thin pillar coupe
 65 Skylark coupe v-6
 65 GS hardtop restoration project
 65 Sport Wagon
 70 GS 455 htp / original engine
 94 Roadmaster wagon
 96 Roadmaster wagon- parts car
 63 Riviera

BCA 14371
 BCA 65 Gran Sport Division

Offline Mark Ascher

• Administrator
  • Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2013, 03:25:17 PM »
Chris,
Another big thanks for all you?ve done for the visibility of the 65 GS, both for reproducing some hard to find parts and centralizing information. It?s been invaluable to us all. A lot of the regulars here are my good friends, and it?s a great place to meet.
I hope to meet you in 2015, and to see you checking in on us now and then.

Mark
65 GS HT 4 Speed - BCA Senior 2015; AACA Senior Grand National 2021
66 Impala 396/TH400/12 Bolt "Project Rodent Remediation" - Almost Done
69 Bel Air 2 Door Sedan "Project Junior Stock" - In Process
19 Chev Silverado Pickem Up (daily driver)

Offline Mister T

• Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2013, 07:19:18 PM »
Chris, I will add my thanks for all the work you've done to create and maintain this site. I have memories of when you attended the BPG Nats several years ago, plus took me for a ride in the convert.

Hopefully we can meet again this summer, and of course, in 2015. I plan to have the yellow four speed car at BPG so I can reciprocate. :occasion14: :thumbsup:
Tom B

Currently bereft of Buicks.

Offline nut465gs

• Administrator
  • Crazy about Buick!
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2013, 07:48:28 AM »
Chris,

It's been over ten years ago that we first met. I was impressed with your enthusiasm for the '65 GS and what you wanted to accomplish to help others with a similar passion. Who else would take it upon themselves to set up a website whose focus is on the '65 GS. The entire project and related expenses were yours alone and have been since it's inception. You also took on the project of having backup lenses and parking light lenses manufactured. Hope you at least broke even. All in all, you have done a terrific job in getting many '65 and '66 GS guys together to discuss and help each other out with our own GS projects. Job well done! Chris, I'm fortunate to call you one of my best friends. Thank you!

The torch has now been passed to Loren. I can't think of anyone else better suited to filling that position.  I met Loren in 1992 and he was instrumental in encouraging me to finish the restoration of my red convertible. He one of the most knowledgeable people that I know regarding the '65 GS. This ship is in great hands with Loren at the helm. Thanks Loren! I also want to thank all the administrators on the forum for their dedicated contributions and participation. Thanks Brian, Dan H., Dan A., Mark, Tony and Walt. With over two hundred members, I know that the website will be up and running for a long time to come.

John Egel